Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ok. life story so its long.But help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies
I'm a mess. Straight up.

I had my oldest son at 16. I married the wrong man at barely 20. We had 2 more kids together. I was a sahm. Then a stripper. My husband was verbally and borderline physically abusive. I fell hard for a regular. I left my husband and 3 kids and moved in with him. I ended up pregnant. I missed my kids and went back to my husband. He agreed to raise the baby as his.

we were never happy again. I moved out when my youngest was 4. I lived with another guy who cheated and treated me like trash.

I reconnected with my youngest's biodad. We got back together and I moved myself AND my kids to be with him.

He and I and my kids have lived together for almost 2 yrs. His family will not accept me or my kids. We are planning our wedding but none of his family will come. What do we do? He loves his family. But we will marry regardless. I just want him to be happy.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
janedoe13
by boxerdog lover on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:38 AM

KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:38 AM
2 moms liked this
Just have a courthouse wedding. Then you don't need to worry about who comes and who doesnt.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:40 AM
Thats not what I want though. We are planning a big wedding - I didn't get one with my ex. I've always wanted one. But his family is so reticent.

Quoting KaylinC03: Just have a courthouse wedding. Then you don't need to worry about who comes and who doesnt.

KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:42 AM
Well, trust me it will be worse if they come and dont truly want to be there. You don't want drama on your wedding day.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thats not what I want though. We are planning a big wedding - I didn't get one with my ex. I've always wanted one. But his family is so reticent.

Quoting KaylinC03: Just have a courthouse wedding. Then you don't need to worry about who comes and who doesnt.

RazzledRainbows
by Razzled&Frazzled on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:45 AM
Yeah. I get that.we are considering doing a "destination" wedding in the Keys and taking my family but not his.

Quoting KaylinC03: Well, trust me it will be worse if they come and dont truly want to be there. You don't want drama on your wedding day.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thats not what I want though. We are planning a big wedding - I didn't get one with my ex. I've always wanted one. But his family is so reticent.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:46 AM
Yes I am. But I am a hot mess who has found happiness.

Quoting RazzledRainbows:

TheBamBam
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:47 AM
3 moms liked this
You wont ever have a healthy functional relationship until YOU fix your issues. You jump from one man to the next and back again, how many more men will there be? Your children are on the back burner forced to ride this roller coaster while you find your next 'man'.....shouldnt THEY be your priority instead?
RazzledRainbows
by Razzled&Frazzled on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:47 AM

Not really if you are dying to bring drama to it. You need to stop and take a look at what you are doing. I think in 6 months, you will be miserable again. 

I also feel like I've read this, word for word, not too long ago.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yes I am. But I am a hot mess who has found happiness.
Quoting RazzledRainbows:

KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:48 AM
That might be your best option.

Is this the regular from the strip club you got with then left and are now back with or is this someone different? Does his family know the backstory of your life?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yeah. I get that.we are considering doing a "destination" wedding in the Keys and taking my family but not his.

Quoting KaylinC03: Well, trust me it will be worse if they come and dont truly want to be there. You don't want drama on your wedding day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)