Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've been stuck at the airport for 4 days and no one has come to pick me up

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 329 Replies

And I don't know what to do. I just finished leave after completing basic training. Right now I am posting this from the Nashville airport. I am supposed to report to the army base called Fort Campbell on Monday but nobody has come to pick me up. I was told that the colonel of Fort Campbell is supposed to be here to get me but nobody has showed up. I still have a few dollars left to survive and buy food but I have no idea how to get from Nashville to Fort Campbell. I have my department of the army form 31 and I made sure that the flight attendant signed it and also a manager from Burger King. His name was Kevin. That way when the colonel of Fort Campbell comes to get me, he'll know that I was where I was supposed to be. Is anyone in here familiar with army procedures? I am really in a tough spot and I just don't know what to do. I have made a post on my facebook page but nobody is on my page is familiar with how the army works. If there are any wives or soldiers here, can you please help me? I'm so lost and I just need to get where I need to be.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:42 AM
I will ask my husband if he knows
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Good Luck! Prayers. We have some pretty bad weather here in KY so whoever is supposed to be there may be stranded somewhere. Do you have any family nearby or maybe a contact number to your recruiter?
sha_lyn68
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:44 AM
7 moms liked this
FFS rent a car
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:45 AM
3 moms liked this
Get a cab and tell them where you need to go. It isn't that far of a drive.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:46 AM
10 moms liked this

Yea right.  The COLONEL was supposed to get you.  Pull up your pants; it's too late to save your shoes.

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:46 AM
3 moms liked this

Why haven't you called your unit?

squeekers
by squeekers on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:46 AM
Maybe the base mp's could help. Idk. Nothing like that ever happened when I flew between bases.
sheramom4
by Emerald Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:46 AM
21 moms liked this

Call the base. You should have your unit assignment for AIT. This isn't difficult and they have contact information on the form showing your orders. So either you are a troll or should have never made it through basic. Lack of common sense gets people killed. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:46 AM

Get a taxi?

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:47 AM

Lol, my brain automatically saw corporal, not colonel. 

Quoting Anonymous 8:

Yea right.  The COLONEL was supposed to get you.  Pull up your pants; it's too late to save your shoes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)