Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this really asking too much? Update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
My niece asked what we were doing this weekend and I said going to the cabin. She said she wanted to come. Dh and I said it was fine but because I had all of our meals prepared and in the freezer to take with us she would have to bring her own food. Just a couple of lunches, a breakfast, and a dinner. We have a kitchen there but we have to hike 1/4 mile through the snow to get into it so I try to make things ahead of time to cut down on stuff to carry in. I didn't have enough made for her since we were not planning on her going.
Sil told me it wasn't in the schedule or the budget to send her food. I told her she can't come then. We've been out of town and didn't get home until 6:30 tonight. I still had to pack our clothes and such!
Is it really too much to ask her to bring her own food? Remember she invited herself and they didn't leave home today at all.

Update
So we went to pick up our niece and sil was like oh I got lucky and had plenty of food in the house to send her. Yep she just didn't want to deal with it. But we went and had a great time.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2016 at 2:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ryansmom2004
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 2:45 AM
Nope. Tell her when you plan on going again so she can plan ahead.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 2:47 AM
I have to wonder how food isn't in sil's budget..wth?
They had better get it together if she is going. It is what it is.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 2:51 AM
I know especially since she gets a ton in food stamps. she shops at Costco monthly so I don't believe they don't have food. She's just being lazy and doesn't want to pack it.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I have to wonder how food isn't in sil's budget..wth?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 3:08 AM
Seems like she trying to take advantage of your kindness as well

Quoting Anonymous 1: I know especially since she gets a ton in food stamps. she shops at Costco monthly so I don't believe they don't have food. She's just being lazy and doesn't want to pack it.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I have to wonder how food isn't in sil's budget..wth?
Pukalani79
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 3:13 AM
Well, maybe next time
eyes4ears
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 4:04 AM
Might have been a nice break for the niece.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 4:31 AM
How old is your niece?? Of course it's not too much to ask to pay for food for herself for the trip! But... Did you think sil would pay up for it? If not...then why five your niece the hope to be able to go with you guys??? Why not just straight up say it up to her mom and her mom's ability to supply her food? That way it would look like your guys fault?? Idk... It just seems like it could easily be turned around. And...hurt your nieces feeling..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:29 AM
She's 12. How was I supposed to know sil would say that? I mean she can pack cheap foods it's not like she's eating out or doing anything expensive. She has to eat at home too so it's not like it's an added expense.

Quoting Anonymous 4: How old is your niece?? Of course it's not too much to ask to pay for food for herself for the trip! But... Did you think sil would pay up for it? If not...then why five your niece the hope to be able to go with you guys??? Why not just straight up say it up to her mom and her mom's ability to supply her food? That way it would look like your guys fault?? Idk... It just seems like it could easily be turned around. And...hurt your nieces feeling..
nanny1918
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:37 AM
What's the difference if your niece is home or at your cabin, either way your sister has to feed her.
How can it not be in the budget ?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:04 AM
My thoughts exactly

Quoting nanny1918: What's the difference if your niece is home or at your cabin, either way your sister has to feed her.
How can it not be in the budget ?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)