Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Curious question*Updated*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies
Heaven forbid something happened to your SO/DH, do you think you'd be able to to ever find someone else or is that person your with it and would have no interest in looking for someone else. Me personally I'd spend the rest of my days single because no one could ever measure up to my wonderful husband

*update* DH and I were talking about this as we were cooking breakfast this morning. He said he'd settle with someone just so he wouldn't be alone. He also told me that if something happened to him while our children are young(DD is 6 and I'm 13 weeks pregnant with our second) that he wanted me to find a good male role model for them because he knows what it's like growing up without a father.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2016 at 2:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 2:50 AM
I would never marry again. I know everyone says that but I'm dead set against it for several reasons, the biggest ones being my kids. I do not want them to have a stepfather and I don't think it is fair to them to change their lifestyle even more so than it would already be without their dad. I also dont want a blended family, etc. So I would stay single and rely on family and friends so I wouldn't get lonely.
Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Jan. 23, 2016 at 2:51 AM

I'm never remarrying. I've already made up my mind. I've done the marriage "thing" and I have no desire to start from scratch at my age.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 2:55 AM
I totally agree

Quoting KaylinC03: I would never marry again. I know everyone says that but I'm dead set against it for several reasons, the biggest ones being my kids. I do not want them to have a stepfather and I don't think it is fair to them to change their lifestyle even more so than it would already be without their dad. I also dont want a blended family, etc. So I would stay single and rely on family and friends so I wouldn't get lonely.
akhotmomma
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 2:56 AM
I may date but I would never move in with or marry someone.

One, I don't want my daughter to have a stepfather and I would not need a man for financial reasons.

And two, I may move to my husband's country if my parents were gone and only if they were gone. I don't really have anyone to stay here for on my side and my daughter would love to live there. She visits often.
thatgirlyouknow
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 3:00 AM
I don't know, maybe. You never really know until you're in that situation, I think. My MIL's first husband died when DH was a baby. She says she never thought she would remarry, but she did when DH was 16.
.MiaBella.
by Mia on Jan. 23, 2016 at 3:02 AM

Never again.. my husband is my one and only

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 3:02 AM
I think I would date but I don't think that I would ever find someone who would get me like my hubby does.
Unapologetic
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 3:27 AM

I would never, never, never marry again. 

My husband has ruined me for any other man. There isn't another man on earth that could love me like he has for all these years. Even my kids (20 & 18) know that neither one of us would ever remarry. 

(Please be kind about my typos & errors. My Lupus attacks my central nervous system, leading to neurological problems. I have begun to notice it is showing in my writing.)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 9:51 AM
Bump
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 9:52 AM
I have no clue.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)