Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well we're screwed! Update with pic

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:08 AM
  • 78 Replies
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

So much snow that even though we cleaned the porch off last night we can't even open the doors this morning. It's still coming down too. I've heard estimates of four feet plus. It's already above my knees! I can't believe this shit! We aren't really screwed we are prepared but good lord, hearing forecasts and seeing it are two different things. I'm in Virginia, we live in a small college town Al Roker even mentioned our town as getting the highest snow totals. Who else is getting this snow? How's it going??

Update with picture. Yeah, the snow ate our porch. Those mounds are deck chairs lol.
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blessed107
by Diamond Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:15 AM
Poor thing. They closed Georgia down, it's no where near what you all are receiving. Stay safe.
GaleJ
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Okay do try to calm down. It is winter and there are winter storms, how is that so difficult to understand. I simply don't understand the craziness associated with these storms. The storm will pass, the weather will clear, everyone will dig out...what exactly is the problem? They are predicting storms not some modern day equivalent of the end of days.
SleuthMaria
by Love a tomb. on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:16 AM
No snow here :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:17 AM

As long as you do not lose power. I feel badly for anyone thst does.  Otherwise, enjoy your snow days. :)

geeez
by Baroness on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:23 AM
And they said we are getting a blizzard today. We are expecting 35mph winds with a foot of snow. I don't think NYC would know what to do with 4ft of snow. Be safe
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:28 AM
I'm sorry. I'm in Texas where we get tornados in December. I lived in upstate NY years ago and saw that kind of snow there. It sucked
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:31 AM
I'm in Colorado and we might get an inch soon
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:36 AM
You're kidding, right? Sorry.. I know there have been years when it hasn't much but the northern states deal with snow every winter. It's not a big deal. They don't call school or work off. They don't close anything or delay anything unless it is a whiteout! Take a deep breath, have some cocoa, enjoy your Sunday bundle your little ones up to play in the snow for 15 minutes or not. It will soon be gone.
MrowPhoto
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:39 AM
1 mom liked this

My kids' district cancelled school yesterday. Winter storm warnings and whatnot...

wanna see what they cancelled for?

This is an Arkansas snow day lol

lancet98
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:40 AM
2 moms liked this
There will be storm surges and very high winds. Already yesterday i saw many people were without power, live lines were down, people were getting killed. This area of the country does not get 30 inches of snow routinely. People have already died. You're not paying attention and i guess you like being a pita. Also some are elderly, or sick or have substandard housing or inadequate heat and/or plumbing do it is going to be pretty bad for many people.

Quoting GaleJ: Okay do try to calm down. It is winter and there are winter storms, how is that so difficult to understand. I simply don't understand the craziness associated with these storms. The storm will pass, the weather will clear, everyone will dig out...what exactly is the problem? They are predicting storms not some modern day equivalent of the end of days.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)