Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help me tell my husband!

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:52 AM
  • 25 Replies
I am over the moon excited!
We have been trying to conceive for 6 years and today I got a confirmation that I am pregnant!
This will be our 4th child. Its unreal! Anyway, as we battled infertility for a long time, I knew my husband wanted a big family. He has 14 aunts and uncles and he has 8 sibblings. So we, at the beggining of our marriage decided that 5 tops would be a good number for us. We have a 15,14 and 8 year old girls. They are going to be sooo excited as they have been so much wanting a little baby brother or sister!
So, I told my husband I wanted to stop trying once I turned 36.
Im 34.
I want to know creative ideas to tell him! I did the baby booties with our first, the "big sister" bib with our second, and my third daughter I made him a dinner, with baby carrots, baby corn, you know baby related food. It was fun.
So after praying for this baby for a long time and now its here, I would really like to tell him in a very special way since I am sure this is our last one. So please share with me awesome ideas on how to tell him!? And our daughters?? I want to tell him first alone. Then we'll both tell the girls!
Please share with me ideas or the way you did it! Im so excited I cant think!!!!!!

Also, my best friend announced to me she was pregnant in Christmas, she is about one more month than I am, so I want to surprise her as well since 4 years ago she said we should of get pregnant together and she did have a son, but I didnt got lucky. So I know she will be thrilled to be sharing this time together!!!!
Any other ideas of how to tell her??? I sort of want to give her a bib or a onesie, two really, one that says something like, Im cute but you should see my mom's best friend.... And the other one that says something like "hey, that's my mom you are talking about!" And let her figure it out!!

And yes, I know there is a pregnancy group, but rarely no one answers!!
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
djamommyoftwo
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:55 AM
Congrats to you!! I'm not very creative, so here's a bump for ideas!
clligatoraoffee
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:58 AM
I recently saw a video where a lady put a hamburger bun in the oven. Then had her she open the oven and tell her what he saw. It took him for ever over but his reaction was priceless when he figured it out. Congrats!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:59 AM
Congratulations! How far along are you? Get him and baby matching sports jerseys and wrap them together. Put a hamburger bun in the oven and tell him you made him a special treat.
mamasunshine200
by Kasey on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:01 AM
I saw this. To cute!!!

Quoting clligatoraoffee: I recently saw a video where a lady put a hamburger bun in the oven. Then had her she open the oven and tell her what he saw. It took him for ever over but his reaction was priceless when he figured it out. Congrats!!
flaquitabss
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you so much!!! You are the first to congratulate me and I have a big huge smile in my face!!! Thank you for the bump!!!

Quoting djamommyoftwo: Congrats to you!! I'm not very creative, so here's a bump for ideas!
flaquitabss
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:03 AM
I really REALLY like that idea but I cant do that one! My sister in law is also trying to conceive and that is what she has plan to do for when she gets pregnant! I dont want to steal it for her!!!

Quoting clligatoraoffee: I recently saw a video where a lady put a hamburger bun in the oven. Then had her she open the oven and tell her what he saw. It took him for ever over but his reaction was priceless when he figured it out. Congrats!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:03 AM
Man, I really wish I had great ideas for you. I suck at this. Congrats though! That's awesome news! I hope you have a wonderful and healthy pregnancy.
flaquitabss
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:04 AM
Thank you!!!!
Im guessing about 6-7 weeks. My last period was on december 5ish!
Gotta call my "fertility" team tomorrow and they will probably will give me an appointment for next week!!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Congratulations! How far along are you? Get him and baby matching sports jerseys and wrap them together. Put a hamburger bun in the oven and tell him you made him a special treat.
flaquitabss
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:06 AM
Thank you so much!! I usually have great ideas, but right now I cant think! Its all so unreal still!

Quoting Anonymous 2: Man, I really wish I had great ideas for you. I suck at this. Congrats though! That's awesome news! I hope you have a wonderful and healthy pregnancy.
flaquitabss
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:07 AM
Oh and he is not into any kind of sport! And the bun in the oven I cant use, since my sister i law is also TTC and has already the plan to use that when she is!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Congratulations! How far along are you? Get him and baby matching sports jerseys and wrap them together. Put a hamburger bun in the oven and tell him you made him a special treat.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)