Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well it hit the fan last night updated

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:09 AM
  • 42 Replies
1 mom liked this

My oldest son and I usually get on really well except for last night. He got home from Uni around 2pm and slept until 10pm. When he got up my middle son was in the reading nook and my middle son was at his computer in the kitchen eating apples and peanut butter. My oldest son starts ranting and raving that it was past the younger ones bedtime and he was being too loud and keeping everyone awake. He throws his snack in the trash and rips the cords out of the wall. I went freaking ballistic. Liam (youngest son) wasn't bothering anyone. He was using his headphones and completely minding his business on Mobymax, Which is actually a part of his homework.  I told my oldest when he has children he can make the decisions for them and I will continue to make decisions for mine. He said as an adult staying here he has the right to make decisions too, I told him that was not the way it worked and if he didn't like it to leave. He chose to leave. Evidently he slept in his truck and is now blowing up my phone wanting to come back. I told him it was best for him to return back to school and let everyone calm down. Grandma, DH and the kids are ALL pissed. He said he didn't have the gas. I said you better find it

ETA:  My husband and I met my oldest for breakfast to find out what was going on. He explained that with school and his clinicals, he wasn't able to work full time anymore. That he was having a hard time making rent and paying his bills. He was just making enough to feed himself. I asked him for a copy of his school schedule and work schedule. No shit dude God himself couldn't have done it. My husband called his finance company and paid off his truck. Monday morning I'm driving to his town to start having his rent (which includes utilities) taken out of my account. Plus we set up an allowance of 400 dollars a month for him. He's a good kid, he just needed help and didn't know how to ask. He is now happily playing minecraft with my 8 yo. Also he apologized profusely to everyone involved

by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Plus-size-mommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:10 AM
Omgosh, what the hell is wrong with him?!
SmurfGoneBad
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Let him figure out how to get gas
He wants to be an adult by acting like an ass, he can find gas.
Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:13 AM

I have no freaking idea. I will not tolerate my child or my home being disrespected like that

Quoting Plus-size-mommy: Omgosh, what the hell is wrong with him?!

La_Vie_en_R0se
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:14 AM
This behavior is not like him? I would suspect drugs. I have an 18 year old though, and let me tell you right now is a very difficult time to want to be around him...no drugs, but he thinks he can do as he pleases while still living in my house. Not going to happen.
Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:14 AM

Exactly

Quoting SmurfGoneBad: Let him figure out how to get gas He wants to be an adult by acting like an ass, he can find gas.

Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:15 AM

He is 21 and a senior and usually a really good guy. But I'm not tolerating that

Quoting La_Vie_en_R0se: This behavior is not like him? I would suspect drugs. I have an 18 year old though, and let me tell you right now is a very difficult time to want to be around him...no drugs, but he thinks he can do as he pleases while still living in my house. Not going to happen.

La_Vie_en_R0se
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:16 AM
Also, people ages 18-24, esp boys, are at higher risk for mental illness. Please keep that in mind as well.
mamasunshine200
by Kasey on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:17 AM
This. He claims to be adult so he better adult his way out of this.

Quoting SmurfGoneBad: Let him figure out how to get gas
djamommyoftwo
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:18 AM
I agree.

Quoting SmurfGoneBad: Let him figure out how to get gas
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:19 AM

yup, time for tough love

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)