Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for the cashiers on here

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
My son enjoys paying for things. He's quiet except for a few giggles and hands them his money. Whenever the cashiers see him in line with me a couple feet away watching, they roll their eyes or sigh. Being 3, my son doesn't notice but I do and I think he's rude considering he's a well behaved boy.

But seriously is a 3 year old handing you $2 for a small thing of animal crackers and a banana the worst part of the day??

It upsets me
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angel-Snow
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:46 PM

I love when little ones pay :) I also count the money back to them carefully so they see how it is done. And I talk to them as if they are grown up 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this
They act like it's a big deal. In my customer service job I always thought the worst customers were the teenagers. I'd be happy if we ever got in your aisle ;) he likes being a big boy.

Quoting Angel-Snow:

I love when little ones pay :) I also count the money back to them carefully so they see how it is done. And I talk to them as if they are grown up 

702girly
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:50 PM

Sometimes it's cute and sometimes it's annoying. It depends on the kid and how busy it was that day. 

I don't miss being a cashier at all though. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:51 PM
If I'm not busy, I don't mind the little ones paying for their stuff in their own. But if I'm busy, I prefer the adult handle it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:51 PM
Look at the people on here, some people are just miserable no matter what. But I always thought it was cute when kids did that when I was a cashier
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:54 PM
This, exactly. I worked in a convenience store and during. The hours of 5-8 am and 4-6 pm were always busy, I really preferred the parents took care of paying because we were so busy. But any other time I actually enjoyed seeing little ones paying.
I do the same with my two though, if it's busy I pay. If not I'll let them. My 8 year old DD will get to swipe my debit card too.

Quoting Anonymous 2: If I'm not busy, I don't mind the little ones paying for their stuff in their own. But if I'm busy, I prefer the adult handle it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:58 PM
If the money is out and waiting what is the difference who hands the money?

Quoting Anonymous 2: If I'm not busy, I don't mind the little ones paying for their stuff in their own. But if I'm busy, I prefer the adult handle it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 1:00 PM

It depends on how busy it is. If you have a whole line of people behind  you, it really does slow down the whole line. If there nobody else in line, then sure, its a nice change of pace and fun and cute. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Have you ever been a cashier? Your question makes me think no you haven't.

Quoting Anonymous 1: If the money is out and waiting what is the difference who hands the money?

Spare.Time
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 1:03 PM

No they don't.  It's just all in your head.  You are projecting. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)