Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

no custody changes immediately after remarrriage?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
1 mom liked this
I think that a parent should not be allowed to seek a custody revision after a recent remarriage.

I feel all too often men get married and sudden feel they want or need more time with their kids.....SO THEIR NEW WIFE CAN PLAY MOMMY.

I feel it should be a rule that a parent must be remarried at least 28 months before filing a custody change.

Anyone agree?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MOM-RN
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I think that every case is different and that one rule can't cover all situations. 

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I think 28 months is an odd time frame & that one size doesn't fit all.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I think that a parent should not be allowed to seek a custody revision after a recent remarriage.

I feel all too often men get married and sudden feel they want or need more time with their kids.....SO THEIR NEW WIFE CAN PLAY MOMMY.

I feel it should be a rule that a parent must be remarried at least 28 months before filing a custody change.

Anyone agree?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:53 PM
I agree with that too. If things were really bad enough to warrant a custody change, the ncp would have filed a long time ago. Hopefully a judge would see right through that and put them in their place.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:53 PM
No difference. If he hasn't filed a petition prior to meeting and marrying a woman then it shouldn't be filed after.

Quoting MOM-RN:

I think that every case is different and that one rule can't cover all situations. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not sure about your rule exactly but I get what you're saying. Too often, one parent only wants 50/50 so they don't pay child support (or pay very little.) Or they want to say they have 50/50. They aren't interested in actually parenting 50% of the time though. It's easier to work long hours and have your wife/gf parent for you.

And then everyone calls BM crazy for wanting her own children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I meant 18 months. Let sancti-STEPmommy have time to have her own baby and see if she is so eager to rear another woman's kids.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: I think 28 months is an odd time frame & that one size doesn't fit all.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I think that a parent should not be allowed to seek a custody revision after a recent remarriage.

Anyone agree?
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:55 PM

Nope, I don't. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:55 PM
My ex sil did this. She was married to my brother and within weeks of their divorce was getting remarried to a guy with a child he had never even seen or paid a penny of support to. Within days of their marriage, she had him file for sole custody and started paying his support (with my brother's money he was paying for alimony). He wasn't given full custody, but he was given 50/50 (remember, he had never once met the child- kid was about 3 or 4). She just wanted to play mommy. She divorced him about 2 years later for another guy with a lot more money, and from what I've heard, the dad hasn't bothered picking up the kid once since then and hasn't paid anymore support. She's truly sick in the head.
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Are you feeling bitter?
readyforhim
by Emerald Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:56 PM

not sure there is ever 1 rule for all but men should stop thinking their new wife will be the better mom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)