Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my sil cussed the nurses out

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 118 Replies

my sil had a baby recently and i went to visit while she was in labor. she was telling my brother her back and butt were hurting from being secluded to the bed for 10 hours (she was in labor for 18 hours at this point, in the hospital for 10). she got fed up a few minutes later and got up to walk around, the nurse came in and started saying she needed to lay back down. my sil snapped and said "no im not going to fucking lay back down, ive been laying down for 10 damn hours, im not doing it anymore" the nurse tried shoving my sil back in the bed. my sil again snapped at her "am i on IV's? am i high risk? no? then fuck off". she then asked for a different nurse which allowed her to walk around, she had my niece 30 minutes later.

i do have a question....why do hospital seclude women to their beds? every birth i have been to the woman isnt allowed to walk around, drink anything and only eat ice. why is that?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2016 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 2:44 PM
I have absolutely no idea. I wouldn't ever allow them to force me to stay in bed. That's ridiculous. 10 hours... Jesus.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 2:46 PM
3 moms liked this
I haven't heard of women being stuck in bed unless they were on bed rest or hand and epidural.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 2:46 PM

yeah she was not happy, same thing happened with her first but she was induced with her first.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I have absolutely no idea. I wouldn't ever allow them to force me to stay in bed. That's ridiculous. 10 hours... Jesus.

justinnaimee
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 2:47 PM
That's only the rule if they've had epidurals. At least it was in both hospitals I gave birth at and both I worked at.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 2:47 PM
I was completely swollen from head to toe. Could not bend my ankles and the uh keep acting like I was worthless because I could not get out of bed took me a few hours to get my ankles to bend.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 2:47 PM

epidural yes but even the woman ive seen without them are stuck in a bed and arent allowed to walk around

Quoting Anonymous 3: I haven't heard of women being stuck in bed unless they were on bed rest or hand and epidural.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 2:47 PM
I was bouncing around on a birth ball. I got yelled at because my music was too loud, I was bouncing to the beat, lol
momtoBrenna
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 2:47 PM

I was encouraged to walk both times so I have no idea why they wanted her in bed. Now, once I had to start magnesium with dd, I had to stay in bed for 30 hours, it sucked!

ResidentRedhead
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 2:47 PM
A woman can do whatever the fuck she wants during labor. A hospital can't stop her from walking around.
teresa5277
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 2:48 PM
Not allowing water is in case you would need surgery. Don't know why they wouldn't let her up but since she had the baby 30 min later that could be why
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)