Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

weird a** question but...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

i think dd4 has a stomach bug. she's been complaining of a bellyache all day and had diarrhea for the first time about 30 minutes ago. she refuses to get off the toliet (i know, what?) and cries that she's scared when i try to take her off. should i force her or let her sit? i've had 3 kids and this is a first..i don't know why she's so freaked out. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2016 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 2:51 PM
She probably has pressure down there that is very uncomfortable.
answeredprayer
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 2:53 PM
Let her sit or try to talk her into taking a warm bath. I hope she feels better soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 2:53 PM

Quoting Anonymous 2: She probably has pressure down there that is very uncomfortable.

its strange. i asked her if she has to go again and she said no.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 2:54 PM

she's probably afraid cause she knows she can't control it. i've had a stomach bug for almost a week now, and i've had a couple of close calls myself and don't want to be far from the toilet. if this is her first time with it, she's probably scared of the feeling and doesn't know how to recognize when it's going to hit. i wouldn't force her to get up, but maybe you can talk to her about it and let her know her belly is sick and that you won't get mad if she doesn't make it to the toilet in time. she might be worried you'll get upset if she has an accident in her pants. personally if i had some pullups or just old underwear that you don't mind throwing out, i'd put her in those and just reassure her that it will get better in a couple days. 

DulcisDomus
by Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 2:55 PM

Let her sit. She is freaked out because this is a new thing. When I was young, and started getting stomach bugs, I stayed in the bathroom too.

PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 2:55 PM

I'd let her sit.  She probably feels like she still has to go.

teresa5277
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 2:57 PM
Awe she is probably worried about having an accident. Just let her sit or maybe bring a chair for her to sit in the bathroom but be close to the potty. Hope she feels better
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 2:59 PM
Give her a book and let her chill out. It's not hurting anyone or anything to let her sit on the toilet
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 3:00 PM

My older two kids have never really had a stomach bug. Is it normal for her to have pain while going? she cried and was sweating the whole time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 3:02 PM
Let her sit. When that happens to me I just sit there because I feel dizzy and my stomach hurts.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)