Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To the working moms

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
Emotionally how did you deal with going back?

I go back Monday after 12 weeks off and I'm scheduled to drop off my little man at 6:30 a.m. at the childcare center and I'm freaking out!!

How did you get through that first week of dropping off your child are daycare at such a young age?.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2016 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 3:06 PM
Bump
faerie75
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 3:08 PM
I hated it. I still hate it and he's almost 3. But I can't afford to stay home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 3:09 PM

Sorry I work from home. But heres a bump.

Theresa1209
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 3:11 PM
Its hard at first. Stay organized and before you know it your whole family, including your little one, will fall into a routine.
weeping_angel
by Don't Blink on Jan. 23, 2016 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Because I knew I had to do it. There wasn't a choice.
maxswolfsuit
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 3:11 PM

My DH took off a month after I had to go back to work with both kids. It made it much easier to go back to work.  I didn't have to adjust to going back to work and getting them to school at the same time. And emotionally it was easier to be away from them knowing they were home with dad. By the time he went back to work I was used to being away from them. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 3:13 PM

Not all working moms use daycare.

Ask your husband how he managed - you two can cope together.

Bumblebutt
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 3:13 PM

When ds2 was about 3 months old I went back to work and had a hard time leaving but after getting to work I would focus on that instead. I had confidence mil would be able to take care of him and have no issues. 3 weeks into the job, I found out that ds was basically crying himself to sleep the entire time he was with her and she didn't even try to feed him really, she'd just let him cio...for 8 fucking hours....

needless to say, I quit that job and MIL wasn't able to watch ds2 again until he was able to take solids at 6 months old. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 4:05 PM
Bump
princessmom2005
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 4:13 PM
My daughter's 10.5 and I just started this job last October. I only have to work the hours that she's in school, but at first it was kind of a big adjustment since I'd been a stay-at-home mom her whole life up until that point. I just kept reminding myself that this job is as ideal for me as it's going to get. In a couple years, she's going to be starting middle school at the high school I work at so it won't matter so much if (which I highly doubt) they offer me a full-time position.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)