Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My seven year old son is a hoot...ETA, help him reach far!!!

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 3:56 PM
  • 120 Replies
16 moms liked this

He decided to create a holiday. It is from dawn tomorrow until dusk on the 25th, and he has named it "Loving Life Day". Obviously, it has no real meaning and makes little sense because, well, he is seven, but he is so serious about it. He has been preparing all day. Gifts for his brothers, homemade cards, and asked me for help planning a special breakfast. 

The part that got me laughing was his plan. He says, "See, mom, the holiday starts small...just us and our family. In a few years, it will be the whole town. And in a couple of centuries, the whole world will celebrate, just like Halloween!" 

Ah, I love the imagination :) 

Those of you who have been so wonderful in response to my silly post have inspired me...how many places can I get at least a like from for my kiddo's holiday? He is just so stoked seeing the positive response. 

by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Tomorrow is my birthday. :D
Slick_Shoes
by Data on Jan. 23, 2016 at 3:58 PM

Happy Birthday! And, apparently, a joyous Loving Life Day, too ;) 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Tomorrow is my birthday. :D

bascha
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 4:02 PM
2 moms liked this
Please tell him that I'm wishing him a very Happy Loving Life Day from Fort Sill, Oklahoma! See? It's already spreading! ;)
Slick_Shoes
by Data on Jan. 23, 2016 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

He's going to love that! 

Quoting bascha: Please tell him that I'm wishing him a very Happy Loving Life Day from Fort Sill, Oklahoma! See? It's already spreading! ;)

chaotic_circus
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Aw that's cute!
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 23, 2016 at 4:04 PM
2 moms liked this
I second this, from Virginia!

Quoting bascha: Please tell him that I'm wishing him a very Happy Loving Life Day from Fort Sill, Oklahoma! See? It's already spreading! ;)
bascha
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it sounds like an awesome holiday, and we need more like it! I will now mark it on my calendar for next year, so that I don't forget. ;)

Quoting Slick_Shoes:

He's going to love that! 

bascha
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 4:06 PM
2 moms liked this
Well, that settles it. Loving Life Day has gone viral. Lol

Quoting Danesmommy1: I second this, from Virginia!
Slick_Shoes
by Data on Jan. 23, 2016 at 4:07 PM
2 moms liked this

He says it is a day to do all the things we like, and to show love to our families :) 

Quoting bascha: I think it sounds like an awesome holiday, and we need more like it! I will now mark it on my calendar for next year, so that I don't forget. ;)
Quoting Slick_Shoes:

He's going to love that! 

81Crystal
by Emerald Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 4:07 PM
2 moms liked this
You're son is brilliant!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)