Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Charcoal face wash

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
Has anyone ever tried them? I just bought the biore charcoal face wash and I'm hoping it will help with my breakouts. I'm pregnant and during this pregnancy my fave has broken out SO bad. No matter what I have done nothing is making it better!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2016 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
redneckmama4
by Loree on Jan. 23, 2016 at 4:57 PM
Never heard of that kind but I do know charcoal draws out impurities.
allycally
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 4:58 PM
It made my neck breakout in a rash but worked well on my face.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 4:59 PM
That is what I'm hoping, my face is awful it's so embarrassing.... My chin and forehead are so greasy and I wash my face with a bar soap made for your face, it's what I have always used. But it's just not cutting it anymore.

Quoting redneckmama4: Never heard of that kind but I do know charcoal draws out impurities.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:00 PM
Hmm, I will keep that in mind! Maybe try it and wait a day or two before using again!

Quoting allycally: It made my neck breakout in a rash but worked well on my face.
Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:01 PM
Worked great. Takes a lot of toxins out of your skin to. I want to try this Japanese shampoo with charcoal in it.
jennyfrmthblock
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:02 PM
Never heard of them. I never really broke out during pregnancy but I had the crazy baby bangs and other weird stuff. Here's a bump. Congrats on baby.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:02 PM

I use the Bior charcoal facial cleanser, but I use the little face pads to massage it in...then I rinse like crazy.  I would never buy this product again, but hey...I have no blackheads or zits.  Give me Noxema skin cleanser any day!  THEN us the Bior pore refining, it is less messy than the charcoal mess, and your skin will be excellent.   Just don't do it more than once ever 2 days, or you will have break outs from overcleaning. 

JaeMommy07
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:03 PM
My wife uses it. It does work really good. She has very oily, acne prone skin. But it dries out her skin fast and every moisturizer she's been using has made her break out again rather than just not using one at all. But it's all relative to the individual.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:05 PM
Thank you! I usually use the biore face wash bar soap. But my face is just so greasy! My chin is breaking out like crazy. I haven't worn makeup in months because my skin is so bad, it's really embarrassing. I got a professional facial and she used this charcoal face mask and my skin was amazing for about two days. It felt fresh and clean. So I looked at the store and found this

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I use the Bior charcoal facial cleanser, but I use the little face pads to massage it in...then I rinse like crazy.  I would never buy this product again, but hey...I have no blackheads or zits.  Give me Noxema skin cleanser any day!  THEN us the Bior pore refining, it is less messy than the charcoal mess, and your skin will be excellent.   Just don't do it more than once ever 2 days, or you will have break outs from overcleaning. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:06 PM
Thank you! I will use it with a few days between to see how my skin reacts. My skin is so awful right now :(

Quoting JaeMommy07: My wife uses it. It does work really good. She has very oily, acne prone skin. But it dries out her skin fast and every moisturizer she's been using has made her break out again rather than just not using one at all. But it's all relative to the individual.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)