Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Separation

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
My DH and I are going to start a Trial Separation.

My DH tried to pursue another woman at his company with no success. The Other Woman wasn't interested. He made an embarrassing spectacle of himself for months.

I originally suspected something. But brushed it off after he convinced me nothing was happening.

Right before Christmas I found out the extent of things.

I have decided it would be best if we separate because I don't know if I can be with him anymore.

Tips Advice Please?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:24 PM

A separation, to me, is a time when things have become so volatile in the home that a couple splits. They take that time to work on themselves and the marriage, taking the baby steps needed to get things good again. I do NOT agree with the majority of people who view it to be equal to a divorce. If you both aren't going to work on the marriage while remaining faithful to one another I don't think it's worth bothering. You might as well just divorce the guy. 

So I guess it depends on those things.

ChrissyReznor
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:25 PM
I'm just curious but what did he do exactly?
TinkTink205
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:26 PM
In some states you have to be separated for a period of time to get a divorce if both parties aren't on board. I went through this bc my ex contested the divorce.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:26 PM
It wouldn't be a trial if it were me. He's shown what he'll do when he thinks you're not looking or can't find out about it and it looks like the only thing that stopped it was HER unwillingness. He might find a willing partner next time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:14 PM
He constantly hit on her. Bought her coffee & lunch for months the last straw for her flowers. She asked to be transferred.

Quoting ChrissyReznor: I'm just curious but what did he do exactly?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)