Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your thoughts on...

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:27 PM
  • 20 Replies

So I was going to a store near the Toys R Us yesterday and I had my aunt with me. We saw some good parking but noticed that it was marked "For Expectant Mothers". I loved the idea and wish it had been around when I was pregnant with the twins 10 years ago. My aunt went nuts! She was saying how its good for pregnant women to walk and its just giving women one more reason to be lazy. Then she told me to park in the spot because it was the closest to the store we were going to. I refused and she went off on me about not listening to her. 

by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:29 PM
I think those spots are stupid. If pregnancy makes one disabled there are placards for that.
TinkTink205
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:30 PM
I think you're talking about babies r us. I remember that.
MysticLove
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:30 PM

The disabled parking was closer. I just think that when you are already big and pregnant, its just a little help to try and making things a little easier.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I think those spots are stupid. If pregnancy makes one disabled there are placards for that.

MysticLove
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:31 PM

Nope, they put it at Toys R Us here. The Babies R Us is on the other side of town from where I was.

Quoting TinkTink205: I think you're talking about babies r us. I remember that.

TotallyWarped
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly I loved them when I was pregnant with my DD. I had an awful pregnancy and was in ALOT of pain so walking was awful. Those spots were amazing.
answeredprayer
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this
She's rude. I hate when non-pregnant people park there. You don't know the person's health situation. With my others, I walked a lot. With this baby I had heart and lung issues so bad that I couldn't walk hardly at all. I rarely went to the grocery store because of it. I'm getting long winded but they have those spots for a reason.
bigmouthbabe
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:32 PM
I think it's sweet. Not every store has it so I'm not why it's an issue. It's a nice way to honor moms to be.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:33 PM
I agree with your aunt. Walking is good for pregnancy. Unless you have medical issues, then get a temp placard.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:33 PM

I think it's a lovely gesture. I've only seen them at baby stores, and it makes sense for them to cater to the demographic.

I've never used them, as, like you, I had my babies way before they were a thing. But I think they're nice.

TinkTink205
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:34 PM
Neat. I didn't realize they did it there too.

Quoting MysticLove:

Nope, they put it at Toys R Us here. The Babies R Us is on the other side of town from where I was.

Quoting TinkTink205: I think you're talking about babies r us. I remember that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)