Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

she's mad that nobody came to pick her up

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
Last week I gave birth to Mine and my husbands fourth child. My husband was at work When I went into labor. So I called my mother who rush right over bringing my 16 year old sister with her. My sister stayed with my other kids and my mother took me straight to hospital. of course right after I got off the phone with my mother to ask her to come get me I called my husband and let him know what was going on. He was able to leave work not long after I called and got to the hospital only a little bit after I got there. He called his mother on the way to the hospital to tell her that I was in labor She asked him to come pick her up. Unfortunately though he would actually have to pass the hospital and drive another 25 to 30 minutes to pick her up. That means that he would be at the hospital an hour later if he picked her up. He explain this to her and told her that he wanted to get to the hospital as soon as possible. Her response was "its your fourth child if you miss the delivery it's not that big of a deal." My husband reminded her that it's also her fourth grandchild so if it's no big deal for him to miss the delivery certainly it's no big deal for her to miss sitting in the waiting room. Because even if she got there in time she was not going to be in the delivery room. he did tell her that if she called a cab he would pay her back for it. She said no because she didn't want to take a cab she feels uncomfortable having a strange person drive her around. He said that's fine and someone will come get her when it was possible.

My mom planned for after my delivery she would go get my kids and my sister take them to dinner and then bring everyone to the hospital. So they went and got my mother in law and brought her to the hospital. Instead of enjoying her new granddaughter she pitched a fit that everyone had already seen the baby and she hadn't. And by everyone I mean me my husband and my mother. These people would have already seen the baby before she did whether she was at the hospital or not because again she wasn't going to be in the delivery room. She even got mad that my children got to see and hold the baby before she did. Which is crazy if their sibling.

anyway she pitched a fit and basically said that we should all apologize to her because we should have been thinking about her and how left out she feels. Yeah because when I'm in labor I'm so all about your feelings. my husband told her to wait in the waiting room until he was ready to leave. he drove her home And we haven't heard Since except from other family members saying that she is livid at us.

I'm not really sure what to do. Part of me wants to call her tell her to stop her s*** get over it and come enjoy your new grandbaby. My husband said that he is not going to bother with her. Eventually she'll get over herself come around and things will be fine but he's not apologizing.

and the reason she didn't drive herself is because she can't drive. She has several health issues that make it unsafe.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:41 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:42 PM

I would not call her

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:43 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm gonna just take a minute to, once again, be happy that I don't have a MIL.

MeAndTommyLee
by Angie on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:43 PM
3 moms liked this
Holy crap was that painful to read.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:44 PM
Tell her to knock it off...my ex mil tried bitching a fit because we didnt let anyone hold the twins before my grandmother did.
readyforhim
by Emerald Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I think ignoring her is best for you as you have a newborn in your home.

Congrats.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:45 PM
I'm not going to. She is his mother and I'm going to respect his wishes. Plus I do agree with him that I don't think she's going to let this go at least not right now without an apology and I'm not offering an apology

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I would not call her

bethann9988
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:46 PM
I agree with your husband I wouldn't even bother she will get over it. That's so annoying of her.

Give your enjoying the new baby and a speedy recovery.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:47 PM
Thank you. I agree I'm just going to let my husband deal with it and his own time she Is after all his mother

Quoting bethann9988: I agree with your husband I wouldn't even bother she will get over it. That's so annoying of her.

Give your enjoying the new baby and a speedy recovery.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:48 PM
Quite frankly...you just had a new baby...everyone else on earth should keep adulting while you love that little baby and forget they exist. Mil...can get a damned taxi or bus or uber...who cares.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)