Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tablescapes

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

I have a question re: table scapes.  I always set a pretty table when I have a dinner party but never really do a proper tablescape because we sit down right away.  However, I am throwing a small birthday party, only 7 women, and want to do a very pretty table scape.  So for those who do here is my question....

How long do you leave the tablescape out prior to putting the food down?  Have you been able to do a tablescape that includes the food?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:19 PM
I set proper place settings, but I don't get all fancy with tablescaping. Here's a bump.
CannotCount
by It's Misspelt on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:22 PM
I didn't even know that was a word. With a set up like that wouldn't you serve the food plated?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:25 PM
I have tables cape out before everyone gets there. Depends on food being served for if it is included.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:30 PM

There are only going to be 7 women so I wont have it catered, I will cook, so no help to serve us

Quoting CannotCount: I didn't even know that was a word. With a set up like that wouldn't you serve the food plated?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:31 PM

I just dont want to be removing the whole talbescape and putting food down instead of hosting.... kwim.  Plus since Im serving it family style I dont want it to get in the way.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I have tables cape out before everyone gets there. Depends on food being served for if it is included.

Rhodin
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:32 PM
A tablescape is just a table where everything's coordinated and decorated. Just keep the centerpiece low enough to talk over and you won't have to remove it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)