Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many kids per room?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
My children spend the weekend at their fathers on the weekend. DS(9) and DD(7) will then sleep in the same tiny room as their stepsister(6) and half sister(2).

I get that it's only for two nights. But I also feel that it's too many kids for one room. Plus my son is getting too old to be sharing rooms with girls.

Should I tell my son to see if he can start sleeping in the living room when he goes over there?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:33 PM
No, you don't get to tell him where he can or can't sleep in someone else's house.

Eta- never mind, I misread.
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:33 PM

I don't see the issue with 4 children sharing a room and I definitely don't see why it is a big deal for a brother to share 2 nights in the same room with his sisters. 

Kendall05
by Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:34 PM

If he wants to sleep in the living room, I don't see a problem with it.  Also as long as it is allowed over there.

mama2b100808
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:34 PM
I would talk to the other parents in the house to see what else can be done about him sleeping somewhere else.
81Crystal
by Emerald Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:34 PM
What's your relationship with your ex? I think I'd bring it up if the two of you are civil.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:35 PM

I have 2 girls.  they share a room.  If I had 4 girls, they'd all share a room.  It's a big room.

If YOU think your son needs segregated accommodations, YOU need to talk to his father about it.  It is not the child's responsibility to negotiate the terms of his custody and visitation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:37 PM
I'm not telling him where to sleep in his father's house. I told him to ASK. Big difference.

Quoting Danesmommy1: No, you don't get to tell him where he can or can't sleep in someone else's house.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:37 PM

I dont think you should put this on your son.  Pick up the phone and call your ex husband and discuss it with him.  Ask if your son can sleep in the living room.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:39 PM
I misread that, sorry.

I guess it doesn't hurt to ask if he wants to, but I don't see a problem with the sleeping arrangements. They all have their own bed, right?

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm not telling him where to sleep in his father's house. I told him to ASK. Big difference.

Quoting Danesmommy1: No, you don't get to tell him where he can or can't sleep in someone else's house.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:39 PM
Maybe if the room was bigger he wouldn't have so much of a problem with it. But he's sleeping on a mattress on the floor because they don't have room for another bed in there. We are not negotiating terms of his visitation I was asking about the sleeping arrangements.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I have 2 girls.  they share a room.  If I had 4 girls, they'd all share a room.  It's a big room.

If YOU think your son needs segregated accommodations, YOU need to talk to his father about it.  It is not the child's responsibility to negotiate the terms of his custody and visitation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)