Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I love the south's reaction to snow, also..Why bread and a small driving tip.

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:57 PM
  • 109 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm a transplant from the north, yeah yeah I know, Southerners aren't used to snow, blah, blah blah but seriously, why are you buying all the bread? I saw a woman buying twenty loaves, it's a snow dusting, not a blizzard.
What the fuck do you even do with all that bread? One can only eat so much peanut butter sandwiches, do you soak it in all the milk you brought, do you use it to board up your windows, tie in to your shoes to walk across ice, what?
After 8 years together, even my southern boy husband has stopped freaking out and we don't buy bread. Maybe an extra gallon of milk, and we might stock up on pizza and some ready made junk food in case we lose power, but most of the time, we don't even bother.plus I know how to drive on ice and snow without driving our car into a ditch....heres a tip, maybe Drive slower?, we've pulled 3 Jack ass drivers out of our ditch today because they still want to drive just as fast over ice, then wonder why their car ends ass up in a ditch.
Seriously, you are entertaining as fuck, I got to watch two crazy bitches fight over the last pack of bright leaf hot dogs, they were even in their Pajama bottoms....Walmart as always, keeping it classy.
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:00 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm not a southerner, and I hate driving on ice and snow. I only do it if it can't be avoided.
chaotic_circus
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:04 PM
I'm originally from the Midwest, I think it's hilarious how crazy people around here get at just the mere mention of snow.
MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:05 PM
I don't understand the whole rushing out to stock up on bread part. I dunno..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Because you can do a lot with bread. I've never had a problem driving in the snow. I learned how to drive in hurricanes, driving in the snow is a breeze compared to that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I grew up in the south in a very rural area. No snow plows at all. There were plenty of rednecks with their giant trucks, but the rest of us got stuck, sometimes for a few days when there was a freak snowstorm.

I'm not sure if I ever asked why so much of those two particular items, I just imagine it was because those were staples for sandwiches and milk for cereal and young kids.

When there's something coming now, I don't buy a million loaves of bread or milk jugs myself, just the two loaves and one gallon I always get when I shop for my family of six.
Curlymom234
by Flamingo lady on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:10 PM
I bought eggs, milk and bread because we literally had no food in the house. We chose the best week to move. 😡 The grocery stores were absolutely insane. Losing power has literally never happened here due to snow. People are stupid sometimes.
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:11 PM
3 moms liked this
Maybe she was buying food for a shelter or something. Geez.
justone_jen
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:12 PM
I'm from and live in the Midwest. Even people who are used to it drive like idiots and stock up on bread and water and canned goods, like the end is here. It's hilarious.
Episkey
by Emerald Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:12 PM

I lived in Alabama several years ago, and this was a picture I took when the weather predicted 1/4 inch of snow. I'm from the north too so I don't get it either 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I guess there are lots of uses for bread. We used bread sacks on our feet to keep them dry on our leaky moon boots in to 80s.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)