Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you bring???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

Previous title of this post - How do you host a "Favorite Things Party"

I need a ladies night!  I really want to host a party but am looking for a theme.  I dont do sales parties... so that is out.  I wanted to keep it a bit on the casual party and the cost down.  I was thinking a Favorite Things Party.  I could have each lady bring a half dozen of her "favorite thing" and we could make swag bags.  I would provide cocktails and  heavy appetizers.

thoughts?

EDIT - I decided to change up this post.  My new question is what would you bring to a party like this?  Each item has to be $20 or under.  And for the fun of this post lets assume you have the money to spend.  So no responses saying you dont have the money.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:13 PM
I don't know. Could your friends afford to bring the stuff for the swag bags? If so, I think it sounds like fun. I would put a price requirement on the items so that you don't get one person spending $5 and another one spending $50.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:20 PM

heck yeah they all could afford it.  I could even do it around mother's day or right after spring break and bill it as a something for us sort of party.

Quoting LilysMama719: I don't know. Could your friends afford to bring the stuff for the swag bags? If so, I think it sounds like fun. I would put a price requirement on the items so that you don't get one person spending $5 and another one spending $50.

LilysMama719
by Emmy on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:21 PM
I think it would be fun. I'd go.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

heck yeah they all could afford it.  I could even do it around mother's day or right after spring break and bill it as a something for us sort of party.

Quoting LilysMama719: I don't know. Could your friends afford to bring the stuff for the swag bags? If so, I think it sounds like fun. I would put a price requirement on the items so that you don't get one person spending $5 and another one spending $50.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:21 PM

What would you bring?

Quoting LilysMama719: I think it would be fun. I'd go.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:22 PM
I don't know what a swag bag is so I'm not sure what type of things you're talking about.
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:28 PM
It would depend on the budget you set, but I would consider bottles of my favorite wine, gift certificates to my favorite restaurant, bath and body works candles (I'm addicted), chocolates from the little shop by my brother's house, etc.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:29 PM

A synonym would be a goodie bag

Quoting bluebunnybabe: I don't know what a swag bag is so I'm not sure what type of things you're talking about.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:30 PM

each item under $20.... but you would bring 6 of them.

Quoting LilysMama719: It would depend on the budget you set, but I would consider bottles of my favorite wine, gift certificates to my favorite restaurant, bath and body works candles (I'm addicted), chocolates from the little shop by my brother's house, etc.

Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't even know what swag means. Why the fuck do people keep saying that.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: I don't know what a swag bag is so I'm not sure what type of things you're talking about.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:48 PM
I don't think I've ever heard someone say it irl. Lol

Quoting Ted1242: I don't even know what swag means. Why the fuck do people keep saying that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)