Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone work in the accounting department?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

I have an assignment to interview someone who works in the accounting department so I would really appreciate it if you would answer. It's just a couple of questions:

1. What company do you work for?

2. How long does it take to complete their year-end closing?

3. If they close monthly, how long is that process?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:31 PM

BUMP!

MysticLove
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:32 PM

I don't, but here is a bump.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:35 PM

An assignment for what kind of class?

I think you would also want to know what kind of accounting software they use.  It could make a difference.  And perhaps what "kind" of company; since the name of the company may be something you have never heard of. And what size company.  A family owned, local car rental company is going to have a much different need (time wise) than a company like Hertz... kwim.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:36 PM
I work in a accounting department

I work for a large construction contractor in the south east. We have 8 locations in 5 states.

We are currently working on year end close and should be complete by Feb 15th.

Our locations have to close the month by the 3rd business day of following month.

The accounting department usually posts financials by the 15th of following month.
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:43 PM
Ok already done with my 2015 close out for all the companies I work on. But these questions you asked will vary depending on the size of the company. A business with 10 employees is really different from a business with 30 and those are different than a business with 10,000.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:44 PM
Quoting Anonymous 3: I work in a accounting department I work for a large construction contractor in the south east. We have 8 locations in 5 states. We are currently working on year end close and should be complete by Feb 15th. Our locations have to close the month by the 3rd business day of following month. The accounting department usually posts financials by the 15th of following month.

Thank you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:45 PM
It takes me about two hours to do our end of year closing, and I had 363 on my payroll from last year.

My company is small. In the south.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:43 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)