Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone own a Hyundai?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
I'm researching vehicles right now and I keep running across the Sonata. I like the body style, I like the hybrid option, and they're affordable. I went to look at one today and was sidetracked by an Azera. Super cute car- the interior was exactly what I'm looking for. I wasn't crazy about the mpg, but it's not bad.
If you've owned or own a Hyundai, did you like the car? Drawbacks or pluses? Thanks!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:36 PM
I had an Elantra for a few years in the late 90s. I didn't love it and I was grateful when we got rid of it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:38 PM
Yeah- I know they were kind of a shit car in the past, but everything I'm reading says they've really stepped up their game.

Quoting Danesmommy1: I had an Elantra for a few years in the late 90s. I didn't love it and I was grateful when we got rid of it.
Keara20
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:41 PM
We have an accent, it's small as fuck. We need to take it in to a mechanic, it's getting shit gas right now. Looking for bigger cars, gonna get a Chevy whatever next
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:43 PM
What year is it? I looked at the accents a little, and while I can fit comfortably, SO is crushed inside of one lol.

Quoting Keara20: We have an accent, it's small as fuck. We need to take it in to a mechanic, it's getting shit gas right now. Looking for bigger cars, gonna get a Chevy whatever next
Keara20
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:46 PM
2009. Yeah my husband sits in it ok when it's just him cuz he can scoot his seat back, but when we are all in it, he's cramped and I don't drive so I can't switch him lol. 2 car seats fit fine in it if you're not wanting to fit anyone in the middle LOL.

Quoting Anonymous 1: What year is it? I looked at the accents a little, and while I can fit comfortably, SO is crushed inside of one lol.

Quoting Keara20: We have an accent, it's small as fuck. We need to take it in to a mechanic, it's getting shit gas right now. Looking for bigger cars, gonna get a Chevy whatever next
dorfmama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:47 PM
My husband drives an Elantra touring. We like it. It isn't great in snow, so we have to put snow tires on it in winter. Otherwise, we haven't had any problems with it, and we've had it I think 5 years. The awesome warranty played a part in our decision to buy one also.
kgbm13
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:48 PM

SO has one, love it myself. Has been a great car over 159k milked on it and no issues in site.  Three kids fit no issue

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:51 PM

No, we do have 2 Kias tho, which is pretty much same car. We have had good luck with them. My mom had an Hyundai back in the early 90s that was a POS. But they are made so much better now. My sister has a Hyundai. I think its an Elantra? Its a new model and she has had it for several years now. She loves it. 

Slick_Shoes
by Data on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:53 PM

We had a brand new Sonata. Ours was awful. We don't have it anymore. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:53 PM
That was one thing I was wondering about. I've got an awd vehicle right now, and I'm wondering if I should keep it just for snowy days.

Quoting dorfmama: My husband drives an Elantra touring. We like it. It isn't great in snow, so we have to put snow tires on it in winter. Otherwise, we haven't had any problems with it, and we've had it I think 5 years. The awesome warranty played a part in our decision to buy one also.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)