Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't leave stuff on the stairs.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
Dd left a blanket on the stairs and dh went down to get ds some Tylenol. Little guy was running a fever and it was like 1am. Dh slipped on the blanket and fell down half the stairs. He has been a sahd for years and is just returning to work. He got injured in the military 10 years ago and couldn't work for a long while. That fall down the stairs could've set him back completely.
Aaannndddd that's why I won't quit my job even if he makes enough to support us. Oh well. Being a sahm just wasn't in the cards for me.

Oh and yes we do teach them to pick up their stuff off the stairs but 3yr olds suck sometimes. She must've been up after he went to bed. They do play musical beds at night.
Ha! Totally forgot and cussed in the title. Still waking up over here.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:42 PM
Ohhh no! How's he doing now?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:45 PM
He's ok. Really, really sore, and a bruise on his ass. It's kinda funny now that he's not totally broken. The fear is that he has rsd in his right leg. Nerve damage that causes extreme pain due to an injury. Well the rsd has been in remission for several years. He hit that knee on like 3 steps and we were very nervous the rsd could come right back. So far so good though.
Also this is why he started his own company and works for himself. If this happens he can call in when needed or just handle stuff at home. Poor guy has worked hard. I'd hate to see a setback for him.

Quoting MistyMoo: Ohhh no! How's he doing now?
TinkTink205
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:47 PM
I hope he's OK. This is also a rule in my house that gets ignored.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this
He's ok. Just sore. The older two have done a great job of following this rule. The little one though. Man.

Quoting TinkTink205: I hope he's OK. This is also a rule in my house that gets ignored.
MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:55 PM
Good to hear he's doing well. It's nice to gave a job that can allow some flexibility like that. Does RDS stand for Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy? Dh has a great job like that which is good because he has a rare muscle condition that can cause him to damage his muscles a lot easier than someone who doesn't have it and he's over done it a few times over the course of five years.

Quoting Anonymous 1: He's ok. Really, really sore, and a bruise on his ass. It's kinda funny now that he's not totally broken. The fear is that he has rsd in his right leg. Nerve damage that causes extreme pain due to an injury. Well the rsd has been in remission for several years. He hit that knee on like 3 steps and we were very nervous the rsd could come right back. So far so good though.
Also this is why he started his own company and works for himself. If this happens he can call in when needed or just handle stuff at home. Poor guy has worked hard. I'd hate to see a setback for him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:09 PM
That's exactly it. He has a stimulator implanted in his spinal column to control the pain. The stim causes its own issues with back pain. He's been thinking about having it removed but the fear is the rsd returning. Well because of that most employers consider him a liability and won't hire him. He can't sit for long periods of time so office job is out of the question. Then with the pain and inability to sit for a while plus pain meds he couldn't handle going back to school. At this point he just needs to work.

Quoting MistyMoo: Good to hear he's doing well. It's nice to gave a job that can allow some flexibility like that. Does RDS stand for Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy? Dh has a great job like that which is good because he has a rare muscle condition that can cause him to damage his muscles a lot easier than someone who doesn't have it and he's over done it a few times over the course of five years.

Quoting Anonymous 1: He's ok. Really, really sore, and a bruise on his ass. It's kinda funny now that he's not totally broken. The fear is that he has rsd in his right leg. Nerve damage that causes extreme pain due to an injury. Well the rsd has been in remission for several years. He hit that knee on like 3 steps and we were very nervous the rsd could come right back. So far so good though.

MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:13 PM
That really sucks. Sounds like a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation with the stimulator. What kind of company does you husband run?

Quoting Anonymous 1: That's exactly it. He has a stimulator implanted in his spinal column to control the pain. The stim causes its own issues with back pain. He's been thinking about having it removed but the fear is the rsd returning. Well because of that most employers consider him a liability and won't hire him. He can't sit for long periods of time so office job is out of the question. Then with the pain and inability to sit for a while plus pain meds he couldn't handle going back to school. At this point he just needs to work.

Quoting MistyMoo: Good to hear he's doing well. It's nice to gave a job that can allow some flexibility like that. Does RDS stand for Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy? Dh has a great job like that which is good because he has a rare muscle condition that can cause him to damage his muscles a lot easier than someone who doesn't have it and he's over done it a few times over the course of five years.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this
He got his cdl's a couple years ago and drove a bit. Now he has a trucking company but it's hot shot trucking. He has a 1ton truck and a gooseneck trailer and pulls smaller loads. His truck has all the cool amenities to keep him comfortable and if he's hurting too bad he can just take the day off. If he feels good he can take any and every load available. I think it was a great call.

Quoting MistyMoo: That really sucks. Sounds like a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation with the stimulator. What kind of company does you husband run?

Quoting Anonymous 1: That's exactly it. He has a stimulator implanted in his spinal column to control the pain. The stim causes its own issues with back pain. He's been thinking about having it removed but the fear is the rsd returning. Well because of that most employers consider him a liability and won't hire him. He can't sit for long periods of time so office job is out of the question. Then with the pain and inability to sit for a while plus pain meds he couldn't handle going back to school. At this point he just needs to work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)