Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is it so hard to adopt a domestic baby?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 138 Replies
1 mom liked this

No offense but i dont want an Asian or Russian baby.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2016 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 9:45 PM
Why not adopt an older child?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Adopting through the foster care is easier and cheaper.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 9:45 PM
Because its all about money.

Adopt from foster care. Free. They even pay you. And if the tpr has happened its pretty fast.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 9:46 PM

no thanks

older kids are annoying and set in their ways. Babies are moldable.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Why not adopt an older child?

gmavacs
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 9:46 PM
Try Africa, they pretty much give them away
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 9:47 PM
10 moms liked this
Oh so you don't want to put in some effort to give a child a good home because it might be too hard? You shouldn't be a parent.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

no thanks

older kids are annoying and set in their ways. Babies are moldable.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Why not adopt an older child?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 9:50 PM
Let's see bc a lot of women choose abortion if they get pregnant with an unwanted baby.

My mom knows a gal who got pregnant and could not financially keep the baby. She attended meetings with other pregnant gals in similar circumstances. There were 12 girls total in the group. Only 2 gals placed their babies for adoption the other 10 kept their babies. The gal my mom knows placed her baby with a couple who had been waiting to adopt for 7 years. They even put down they were willing to adopt special needs, Down Syndrome, and even said they would take a child up to age 12-years-old! Nothing happened for 7 years. They also ended up adopting a son a few years after they adopted their daughter.
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Jan. 23, 2016 at 9:58 PM
2 moms liked this

It's hard to adopt for a reason. A child needs a reliable,loving home and they need to do all they can to make sure that happens. That means- paperwork and a lot of it. 

Also, adoption from Foster Care is minimal if not free. 

Oh, and you couldn't adopt from Russia anyway so that makes me think this is just a troll post to start something. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Jan. 23, 2016 at 9:59 PM

Quoting gmavacs: Try Africa, they pretty much give them away

Seriously? No...no, they don't. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 9:59 PM
2 moms liked this
I will never understand why so many ppl don't get that trying to adopt thru the foster care system is not as easy as it sounds! I have a friend who has unsuccessfully tried to adopt 4 different children at 4 different times. Every time the birth mom finds out someone wants to legally adopt their child, the majority of them get mad and jealous. Then they do everything they are required to do by the courts to get their child(ren) back. That's what stopped my friend from being able to legally adopt each of these children. She cannot mentally or emotionally handle having foster children taken from her anymore. Sadly, she no longer takes in foster kids. She's amazing with these children. She said she can't handle the emotional rollercoaster when the foster care workers takes a child away from her and the child is crying and screaming, "Mommy!!! Daddy!" And is trying to get back to my friend and her wonderful husband as they are the only parents these 4 kids have ever known from very young ages. Sigh

Quoting Anonymous 4: Because its all about money.

Adopt from foster care. Free. They even pay you. And if the tpr has happened its pretty fast.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)