Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cm docs what does this sound like

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies
Friday about mid day my throat started to hurt

By that evening it got a bit worse and I started feeling sick, that out of it feeling.

Today I woke up with a horrid sore throat and a headache. Took some Tylenol and felt almost normal. Headache went away, no sore throat no feeling out of it. Just a bit of a stuffy nose.

Tonight I'm so cold in shivering even while under an electric blanket. I never ever ever run a fever and my temp is 99.9....so still not really a temp but it's actually kinda high for me. My sore throat has come back with a vengeance as well. My nose isn't bad, I can stand to blow it now and again but it's not stuffy. My lymph nodes are swollen and I feel achy.

So please tell me this doesn't sound like the flu. Please tell me it sounds like a cold or something I'll be over by tomorrow.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:04 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:05 PM
Yup. Its leprosy.
AmiJanell
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:05 PM

Sounds like a virus...  why would it matter if it's a cold of the flu? You feel like crap either way...

thatgirlyouknow
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:08 PM
It could be a cold. Sometimes you can get low fevers with colds, but that's fairly uncommon. Get some rest. Eat some fruit. Maybe take a bath/long shower for the steam.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this
EBOLA
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:10 PM
Because I need to go to work Monday. If it's a cold i should be feeling a lot better and able to go to work, if it's the flu there is no going in Monday.

Quoting AmiJanell:

Sounds like a virus...  why would it matter if it's a cold of the flu? You feel like crap either way...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:11 PM
Yeah a hot bath sounds good

Quoting thatgirlyouknow: It could be a cold. Sometimes you can get low fevers with colds, but that's fairly uncommon. Get some rest. Eat some fruit. Maybe take a bath/long shower for the steam.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Strep? I would go and have your doc run both a flu and strep swab. If it is the flu, find out fast so you can get started on Tamiflu. Seriously that stuff is the most amazing drug on the market. And you can get antibiotics if its strep. I'm not a doctor, but I'm an RN.
Alustriel
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:11 PM
My husband had that same thing over Christmas. Just had to let it run its course. He said the headache was the worst he had ever had and his throat hurt so bad he could hardly talk. He too never runs a fever but was running around 100 and his lymph nodes were very swollen. I mean you guys had identical symptoms.
He was over it in about 3 or 4 days but it sucked.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:11 PM
I knew it! So can I use that to call off work for a month or two?

Quoting Anonymous 3: EBOLA
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)