Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't send your kid there!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:17 AM
  • 60 Replies

I'm going through the application process to send my daughter and son to preschool. Today was the Q&A, they gave out all of the school information at a previous meeting.

Half of the Q&A was parents complaining about different policies. For example, the school has uniforms, they have indoor shoes and outdoor shoes. One parent complained that they didn't want to change their kids shoes when they came and went and another complained that the outdoor shoes were laced and the kids can't tie shoes yet. The teacher explained that shoe tying was one thing they would be working on in school and teachers would help the children in the mean time. Other parents were complaining about their food rules. One because the school is peanut free and her child loves peanut butter and another because they have a healthy lunch rule, only one sweet per lunch and only one unhealthy lunch per week, one drink besides water a day. Another didn't like how long the kids would be sitting at their desks at a time, another didn't like that the kids were allowed to use scissors, it went on and on. The school is very forward about their policies, this is a private preschool, they can have whatever policies they want. Don't like the policies, don't apply, there are lots of other good preschools around!

by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShaMac
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:19 AM
Parents are so weird.
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:19 AM
People always bitch about everything.
TexanMomOf6
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:21 AM
2 moms liked this
I think if I were on staff at that school I would be making a list of names of the complainers so I would know whose child not to accept.
lenashark
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:22 AM

I was just thinking this is a really hard school to get your kids into, they have a small class size and a lot of applicants, they purposefully have a long application process with interviews to make sure the children are a good match for their curriculum, do the parents really think the school is going to change its policies because an applicant doesn't like them?

Quoting ShaMac: Parents are so weird.

lenashark
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Next step is interviews and that's basically what that is for. They sort out which kids will work well with their curriculum, so if a parent is complaining about policies, that child is basically not getting in.

Quoting TexanMomOf6: I think if I were on staff at that school I would be making a list of names of the complainers so I would know whose child not to accept.

bookwormx4
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:26 AM
I would be perfectly fine with all of that. My concern would be how the teacher would react if DD had an asthma attack. What kind of training do the teachers have in handling emergency situations?
BrittSam2011
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Hahahahaha some people are so clueless

Quoting lenashark:

Next step is interviews and that's basically what that is for. They sort out which kids will work well with their curriculum, so if a parent is complaining about policies, that child is basically not getting in.

Quoting TexanMomOf6: I think if I were on staff at that school I would be making a list of names of the complainers so I would know whose child not to accept.

Rigby229
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry...the indoor outdoor shoe thing is weird.  And laces?  No one has ever heard of Velcro?

ShaMac
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:34 AM
Hopefully they will be able to weed out some of the difficult parents.

Quoting lenashark:

I was just thinking this is a really hard school to get your kids into, they have a small class size and a lot of applicants, they purposefully have a long application process with interviews to make sure the children are a good match for their curriculum, do the parents really think the school is going to change its policies because an applicant doesn't like them?

Quoting ShaMac: Parents are so weird.

lenashark
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:36 AM

That would be a practical question to ask at a Q&A. Every teacher is certfied in first aid, CRP, and MAT (medication administration Training). They each have are legally certified to give medication and have been trained in recognizing when a child needs medication and when a child is in medical distress and needs emergency attention. 

Quoting bookwormx4: I would be perfectly fine with all of that. My concern would be how the teacher would react if DD had an asthma attack. What kind of training do the teachers have in handling emergency situations?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)