Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's something that annoys you about your job?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:20 AM
  • 212 Replies
It annoys me that I can't keep my piercings in/get new ones. I have my nose pierced and I want to get my eyebrow pierced, but I would have to take a vacation to get it done and let it heal enough to put a spacer in.
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:21 AM
Nothing. I love mine. We can have piercings, tattoos, wear what we want, they have profit sharing, we get two weeks off for Christmas.
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:22 AM
Oh, wait. Insurance doesn't kick in until the fiscal year. 2017. Meanwhile I have a cancerous mole on my back and fuck you covered California. Affordable care my ass.
Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:23 AM

The fact that it's so easy to mess up the easiest jobs. A lot of attention to detail

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:23 AM
That I'm forced to wear something on my wrist. I have a tattoo that says "hope" and the "o" is the eating disorder recovery symbol. But most of the time in healthcare, they don't want your tattoos to show. So I either have to wear a watch or a bandage on my wrist. It's just annoying to me.
mattsgirl22521
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol I need your job! I love taking care of people, but I really don't understand how having holes in my body or odd colored hair effects the care I give people.

Quoting Ted1242: Nothing. I love mine. We can have piercings, tattoos, wear what we want, they have profit sharing, we get two weeks off for Christmas.
KiddieRN
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:23 AM
Crappy insurance and nurses that aren't worth a damn. When we get shitty nurses, they get fired and then I have to pull more shifts. I get to work 4 in a row this week.
mattsgirl22521
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:25 AM
I will say my hospital is pretty cool about tattoos. They can't cover more than 10% of the surface area is the policy, but they're not very strict about it.

Quoting Anonymous 1: That I'm forced to wear something on my wrist. I have a tattoo that says "hope" and the "o" is the eating disorder recovery symbol. But most of the time in healthcare, they don't want your tattoos to show. So I either have to wear a watch or a bandage on my wrist. It's just annoying to me.
mattsgirl22521
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:26 AM
That sucks. I'm on kinda the opposite end this week. I work one off one work one, which super sucks when you work night shift.

Quoting KiddieRN: Crappy insurance and nurses that aren't worth a damn. When we get shitty nurses, they get fired and then I have to pull more shifts. I get to work 4 in a row this week.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:27 AM
I wish they were like that here. Some places I've worked at don't care since it's small and isn't disrespectful, but others are super strict.

Quoting mattsgirl22521: I will say my hospital is pretty cool about tattoos. They can't cover more than 10% of the surface area is the policy, but they're not very strict about it.

Quoting Anonymous 1: That I'm forced to wear something on my wrist. I have a tattoo that says "hope" and the "o" is the eating disorder recovery symbol. But most of the time in healthcare, they don't want your tattoos to show. So I either have to wear a watch or a bandage on my wrist. It's just annoying to me.
janedoe13
by boxerdog lover on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:28 AM

sometimes dealing with people who act worse than toddlers. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)