Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant with an iud

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Has anyone here gotten pregnant even though they had an iud? I'm freaking out cuz my period is a few days late and I'm having some pregnancy symptoms (sore breasts, nausea, exhaustion). But it's not unusual for my period to fluctuate and I usually do get those symptoms with PMS. I've had my iud for 18 mos so it's not like it would have gone ineffective already. It's one of the 10 year ones.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:29 AM
Anyone?
ccoyle4
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:32 AM
I felt like that sometimes when I has my iud. I was never pregnant.
Felicity_Smoak
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:34 AM
I had a friend that did. She had mirena I think. The pregnancy was ectopic and she had to terminate
Barabell
by ~~CC~~ on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:39 AM

Do you have the hormone or copper IUD?

If you have the hormone IUD, then it can prevent blood from building up in your uterus. So you will still have a monthly cycle without bleeding and would match the symptoms you've described. I am not sure if the copper IUD works in the same way...

If you are still concerned, try buying a pregnancy test.

pitamae
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:01 PM
I got pregnant on Mirena
-EBAH
by SoulAssasin on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:02 PM
My period eventually stopped completely while on an IUD. I've never heard or known of anyone personally who fell pregnant with an IUD.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:04 PM
Mil did with DH, but that was 33 years ago. She had fil go get a vesectomy because they were both already in their 40s done having babies before DH surprised them.

I don't know of anyone else personally.
meatandveggies
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:50 PM
I got preg with an IUD. Copper only- no hormone. I was about 4-6 weeks along as I had irregular periods normally. I took a pregnancy test which was positive. When I went into my doc to get checked she said they confirmed I was pregnant. They said they had to remove it and there was a 50/50 chance of the IUD tearing the amniotic sac which would result in a spontaneous abortion. Thankfully it didn't but it was very scary.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:40 PM
I got pregnant on the paraguard iud it was where it was suppose to be still intact. They removed it and we had to watch to make sure it wasn't ectopic. I had a miscarriage a few days later.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:41 PM
Yes, everyone pregnant one on here. That is how it works on here.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)