• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No feeling after c-section

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:38 AM
  • 18 Replies
I have no feeling on my lower abdomen about 3 inches above and below my c-section scar. The Dr said the feeling would come back in time. That was 11 years ago and still no feeling. Any other moms with c-sections have this?
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:40 AM
I have some feeling... But when its touched... It always hurts. It's not a fun position to be in. My c-section was 7.5 years ago.
NiceMom06
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:42 AM
Yes, I have the same problem. I had my c-section almost four years ago.
Hanab818
by ThePonds on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:53 AM
Sorry mine came back after like 9 months.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:57 AM
Mines been almost 5 years and I still have no feeling, I'm pregnant and have to have another c-section so don't think I'll be getting it back anytime soon lol.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:00 AM
That seems like a pretty wide band of numbness. Mine is maybe a quarter inch to either side of the scar.
berlgirl1224
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:32 AM
Yeah, mine's pretty slim on either side, maybe 1/4 inch. Used to be larger. After a while it shrunk. My last c-section was almost 10 years ago. I had one aug 04 and april 06. I think it depends on the surgeon, your healing rate, how it was done, etc. lots of factors go into this. No one is the same
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:40 AM
Most of my numbness is my gallbladder removal scars.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:37 AM
I've had two c-sections, in August 05 and November 08 and still have some numbness around my scar. Mine too is more like 1/4 inch on either side of the scar.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:48 AM
I have feeling everywhere when I touch. No numbness. No pain. (It's been almost 3 years). I never did have any numbness.

However I am pregnant again, due in february, and I don't feel baby move from the inside over 50% of the time. I can sit and watch baby move, and feel baby on the outside, but I don't feel it on the inside. So I guess all my numbness is inside :p
Meldusa
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:54 AM
I have no feeling either. It's been years. I don't really miss it, I don't remember what it felt like when I had feeling.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)