Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just found out I'm 23 weeks pregnant WTF???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies
Omg I just found out I'm 23 weeks pregnant with our 4th how could I not know???? I haven't gain any weight (im average size not heavy to where it would hide it) I was still getting my period. It wasn't until I felt what I thought was cramping that just wouldn't go away when it dawned on me that cramps dont cause your belly to move like that. My DH and I agreed after our last one we were done having kids because the pregnacies were s hard on me and the kids all my kids were at least 6-8 weeks early and all had to spend time in the NICU and I was on bed rest in the hospital for at least 3 weeks before the c-section. everything is so different with this pregnacy so maybe things will be different in the long run as well. I have no clue how to tell my DH our oldest is 12 and younest is 7 we have been talking about moving overseas when the 2 older ones go off to school in 6 and 7 years and taking our youngest with us and home schooling him and just traveling we thought we were done having kids now we are having another one ready or not. The more it sinks in the more I am becoming ok with it dare I say even excited a little I had an ultrasound today and found out that we are having a boy. My DH is out of town until tues I was thinking of just showing him the dvd from the ultrasound and letting him figure it out but I don't know. Im so worried that he is going to be disappointed I know he will be ok with once he gets over the shock and the OMG but I think it will taking him seeing and holding his son before that happens. Has this happened to anyone else?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:13 AM
10 moms liked this
Omg. Punctuation! You're like a caffeinated cheerleader.

But congrats!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:15 AM
I found out at 18 weeks.
MamaBear131716
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:16 AM

I was 8 weeks when I found out with my middle child but only because I was in denial. lol The other two I knew even before I missed a period. Congrats!

Alicia_Griffin
by Alicia on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:17 AM
Congrats and good luck
CherrieFaeries
by Alice In Heathenland on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:19 AM
Congrats!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:33 AM

I had a tubal ligation the March after DD#1 was born (she was 8 wks early and had some health issues). We waited the full 8 weeks before having sex to make sure that everything was good. Imagine my surprise at the end of July to find out I was pregnant. Doctor figures I got pregnant the first time we had sex after that 8 week wait. I thought I would pass out when I found out. Like you had difficult times while pregnant (More so with the 2nd and 3rd children than the first one.) I had some moderate morning sickness with my first but really bad with the 2nd and 3rd. Bad enough to have to anti nausea meds and make some trips to the hospital for the stronger shots. Spent the last two weeks with my girls on bedrest. (DD#1 was born at 32 wks and DD#2 was about 5 weeks early)

Needless to say when I told DH about our surprise package he was a little shocked. Happy but shocked. After DD#2 was born not only did I get a second tubal ligation but DH got a vasectomy as well. LOL...That was 21 years ago. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:11 AM
I don't know why I didn't get my tubes tied after the last but my DH didn't like the idea said at 28 I was to young. lol I will have to remind him of that..... this time its gonna happen or he will be a very unhappy and lonely guy.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

I had a tubal ligation the March after DD#1 was born (she was 8 wks early and had some health issues). We waited the full 8 weeks before having sex to make sure that everything was good. Imagine my surprise at the end of July to find out I was pregnant. Doctor figures I got pregnant the first time we had sex after that 8 week wait. I thought I would pass out when I found out. Like you had difficult times while pregnant (More so with the 2nd and 3rd children than the first one.) I had some moderate morning sickness with my first but really bad with the 2nd and 3rd. Bad enough to have to anti nausea meds and make some trips to the hospital for the stronger shots. Spent the last two weeks with my girls on bedrest. (DD#1 was born at 32 wks and DD#2 was about 5 weeks early)

Needless to say when I told DH about our surprise package he was a little shocked. Happy but shocked. After DD#2 was born not only did I get a second tubal ligation but DH got a vasectomy as well. LOL...That was 21 years ago. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:14 AM
Were you on birth control?
juniors.mommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:16 AM
My sister was 37 weeks And she didn't know. Until she had to have an emergency csection she thought her fall bladder was going bad but she was in labor. With ds I was almost 16 weeks when I found out.
Southernmom924
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:17 AM

Hey, we got a little surprise bundle a couple of years ago when I was 42!! Can't imagine life without her though!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)