• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I feel bad for calling the cops?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
On the asshole couple who parked across the street from our house to yell at eachother with their windows down?

I waited about 15 minutes to see if they'd leave, and they didn't. They kept waking my 1yo sonbup in the process.

The cops showed up about 20 minutes later, but the couple left like 5 minutes before. I told the dispatcher we didn't need to make contact with the cop... I just watched him shine his spotlight around and drive away.

Should I feel bad?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:19 AM
Yeah that's not cop worthy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:20 AM
Welp, too late now I guess.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yeah that's not cop worthy.
ccoyle4
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:20 AM
It depends. Was it a heated argument, or were they just yelling to talk?
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:21 AM

Nah, and it must be fight night. Stood in my kitchen for 45 minutes watching neighbors argue outside earlier. They had to have woken the entire court as loud as they were.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:21 AM
If you called non-emergency I don't see a problem with it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:23 AM
From what i gathered, the guy had cheated on the girl and she wouldn't leave him alone about it. It was heated.

Plus it's like 35 degrees outside, why tf would you be yelling with your windows down?!

Quoting ccoyle4: It depends. Was it a heated argument, or were they just yelling to talk?
ccoyle4
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:25 AM
Who knows, people are crazy.

Quoting Anonymous 1: From what i gathered, the guy had cheated on the girl and she wouldn't leave him alone about it. It was heated.

Plus it's like 35 degrees outside, why tf would you be yelling with your windows down?!

Quoting ccoyle4: It depends. Was it a heated argument, or were they just yelling to talk?
ElvinCephalopod
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:28 AM

if they got heated, maybe they needed to cool down  :)

Quoting Anonymous 1: From what i gathered, the guy had cheated on the girl and she wouldn't leave him alone about it. It was heated. Plus it's like 35 degrees outside, why tf would you be yelling with your windows down?!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:29 AM
Haha, clever.

Quoting ElvinCephalopod:

if they got heated, maybe they needed to cool down  :)

Quoting Anonymous 1: From what i gathered, the guy had cheated on the girl and she wouldn't leave him alone about it. It was heated.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:35 AM

I would have walked outside and asked them to cut it out, probably taken my DH with me after 5 minutes of yelling outside. Most people would leave pretty quick if they realize they are making a scene that attracts an audience... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)