• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cm doctors

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
I've posted about this injury a couple times this week. I fractured my L5 vertebrae on Monday falling on ice. I've had a migraine off and on since I injured it (when the pain pills wear off, I notice it). I figured it was a hormonal migraine since Monday was the first day of my period. But Could it have been caused by the fall? I didn't hit my head but could the indirect force (fell right on my butt) have done this?

Second question, my follow up appointment is on Friday, can it wait until then?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:02 AM

Yes, absolutely.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:03 AM
Yes, and I'd mention it at your next doctors appointment. Sooner if it seems to get worse.
Gelynia
by Gelynia on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:04 AM
Yes. I'd make an appointment or at the very least call to let him/nurses know.
ejkdmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:04 AM
Yes it could. I'd call the doc and see if they want to see you for that. You may have hit your head and just not remembered, have a brain-bounce injury, or it is just from the spinal issues. Either way, check with your doc.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:05 AM
Yes, it could possibly be from the fall. You should get checked out.
ccoyle4
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:06 AM
Yes it could. I would at least give your doctor a call about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:25 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:36 AM
It's possible that the migraine is related to your L5 fracture. I had migraines after fracturing my T12. The tension from my back injury expressed as tightness in my neck, which triggered migraines.

It's also possible that you injured your neck and didn't realize it, especially if you have a compression fracture.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:40 AM
Huh. Interesting. Mine is a hairline pars fracture. I mentioned the migraine in the ER and he wasn't too worried because i said I get period headaches and I didn't hit my head. Plus I thought I had it before the injury. Not too sure

Quoting Anonymous 4: It's possible that the migraine is related to your L5 fracture. I had migraines after fracturing my T12. The tension from my back injury expressed as tightness in my neck, which triggered migraines.

It's also possible that you injured your neck and didn't realize it, especially if you have a compression fracture.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:45 AM
Hard to determine based off of limited medical hx on the Internet. Call your doctor if anything is out of the norm.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)