Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's 2AM and...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I feel like is a good moment to share scary stories because I'm alone and I obviously have nothing to do.

I will start, I have a lot of scary stories but I will start with one that still gives me chills everytime I remember it.

My parents bought a nice house with a basement and attic when I was 8 years old, I had three older siblings and two younger ones too, I was SO happy because I was going to have my own room, in that floor there was a bathroom, my bedroom and my younger sister's (4 at the time) bedroom, in the middle of the hallway between our bedrooms was the entrance to the attic. When we moved, our father inspected the attic and said we couldn't go in there because it was too dirty and there was no light. About two months after we moved in, in the middle of the night I began to heard noises in the attic but when I told my parents they didn't belive me because when I was a child I had a wild imagination and they thought I was just kidding, but for days I heard the noises and then my little sister began to hear them too. My parents still didn't belive us and they thought I was making my sister say those things.

I continue to hear the noises for another month and my sister continued to say that she heard them too, one night, my older sister and brother came to my room and said they wanted to sleep there. They heard the noises and my brother opened the door. The stairs to the attics were down and we heard someone walking up there and while we were just standing there, we saw a shadow and ran into the room and locked the door. When my brother told this to my father, he took him seriously and went to the attic to see and show us there was nothing.

I will never forget the face of my father when he came down and told us to put on shoes and go outside. He called the police and when they looked into the attic, there was a whole living acomodation up there. Later we found out that it was a homeless man that when our parents went out to work and we went to school, he went out did his stuff and when it was about time for us to come back he got in again and into the attic and just stayed there and at night he got out and took food from the trash can in the kitchen or things that nobody noticed went missing, he even used glasses and then washed them so nobody would notice he used them. He wasn't mentally ill, he was just desperate and he said he never had in the intention of hurting anyone or doing bad.

But I remember being so scared knowing that there was a man living in the attic, walking around the house while we were asleep and just... being there without anyone knowing.

I have some others, but I will save them for later. Go on if you have any scary story, paranormal ones are very welcome!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:56 AM

Fuck!

Thank goodness he didn't hurt you especially after telling your father for months.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:58 AM
That makes me thankful we don't have an attic
geeez
by Baroness on Jan. 31, 2016 at 3:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow that's crazy. The thought of a homeless man living in the attic of my home, damn....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 3:10 AM
I'm really happy he was actually pretty decent. My father was very sorry after that, he always took us seriously after that, every single thing.

Quoting Elyce225:
Fuck!

Thank goodness he didn't hurt you especially after telling your father for months.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 3:12 AM
When DH and I married and started looking into houses, the only thing I asked for was "Please, no attics" lol

Quoting Anonymous 2: That makes me thankful we don't have an attic
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 3:13 AM
Oh fuck all that.
eyes4ears
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 3:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I've always had a huge fear of this very thing.
tclaurend
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 3:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh my gosh! That's terrifying!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 3:01 PM
BUMP!
TinkTink205
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 3:02 PM
Sounds like good stories for nosleep.reddit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)