Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I doubt anyone knows but it's worth a try.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
Dh started his own business. It's trucking and he filed for his Ifta license almost 2 weeks ago. No update on the status and when he calls he spends about an hour and a half on hold and never gets anywhere. Can't find any answers online.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get the license? He can't work and make any money yet. Nobody will give him a load because it shows up even if he plans to get a fuel permit to run out of state.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:07 AM
I don't know. My only advice would be to go to the actual license place in person and get it taken care of.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:14 AM
Was it anywhere in the blizzard zone. That might have stalled it?

Pixi-goddess
by Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:27 AM

Most license take 4-6 weeks to be delivered to you by mail. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:47 AM
It's a 3 hour drive from here. This gets handled in Austin for anyone in the state.

Quoting thenameshailie: I don't know. My only advice would be to go to the actual license place in person and get it taken care of.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:48 AM
Ifta license? It's basically like a tax ID number but for fuel. The thing is we've been checking the database daily for all Ifta licensees and he hasn't even shown up in there yet. If he did I know we could request a temporary tag until the decal comes in.

Quoting Pixi-goddess:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:49 AM
Nope. Texas. I just can't find anywhere that says what the standard wait time could be. So we don't know if it's taking longer than it should or not.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Was it anywhere in the blizzard zone. That might have stalled it?

Pixi-goddess
by Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:53 AM

Keep calling them... its time consuming but you gotta do what you gotta do

Quoting Anonymous 1: Ifta license? It's basically like a tax ID number but for fuel. The thing is we've been checking the database daily for all Ifta licensees and he hasn't even shown up in there yet. If he did I know we could request a temporary tag until the decal comes in.
Quoting Pixi-goddess:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:21 AM
Yeah. I guess so. An hour and a half on hold seems a bit ridiculous though. I guess he'll call again Monday.

Quoting Pixi-goddess:

Quoting Anonymous 1: Ifta license? It's basically like a tax ID number but for fuel. The thing is we've been checking the database daily for all Ifta licensees and he hasn't even shown up in there yet. If he did I know we could request a temporary tag until the decal comes in.

Quoting Pixi-goddess:

Pixi-goddess
by Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:29 AM

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yeah. I guess so. An hour and a half on hold seems a bit ridiculous though. I guess he'll call again Monday.
Quoting Pixi-goddess:

Quoting Pixi-goddess:

Pixi-goddess
by Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:30 AM

I am looking to see what else can be done

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)