Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love is patient, love is kind. * A Christian post*

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:40 AM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

1 Corinthians 13New International Version (NIV)

13 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecyand can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror;then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:53 AM
How do you feel knowing that those are also the lyrics to a song supporting gay marriage?
Beautiful_Beat
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:14 AM
A lot of people dont know what is love. Look around and you will see on a daily basis people displaying what love is not.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:25 AM
(I'm a Christian that doesn't support gay marriage.)

I'm not offended and think nothing of it. Maybe it will cause a gay person to open up a Bible an turn away from their evil ways.

Quoting AliKatAK47: How do you feel knowing that those are also the lyrics to a song supporting gay marriage?
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jan. 31, 2016 at 8:34 AM
Lmao! You're talking about them being evil but you use a story book to justify denying people the basic right to love and marry who they want.

What a laugh.

Quoting Anonymous 1: (I'm a Christian that doesn't support gay marriage.)

I'm not offended and think nothing of it. Maybe it will cause a gay person to open up a Bible an turn away from their evil ways.

Quoting AliKatAK47: How do you feel knowing that those are also the lyrics to a song supporting gay marriage?
lovemercygrace
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 8:37 AM

It doesn't bother me, They are also the verses used in a hymn..I don't see your point. And FYI I support gay marriage. What people do is between them and God It is not my place to judge..

lovemercygrace
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 8:38 AM

Quoting Beautiful_Beat: A lot of people dont know what is love. Look around and you will see on a daily basis people displaying what love is not.

Yep. 

lovemercygrace
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:59 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:12 PM
That kind of "love" isn't worth going to hell over.

Quoting AliKatAK47: Lmao! You're talking about them being evil but you use a story book to justify denying people the basic right to love and marry who they want.

What a laugh.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:15 PM
Didn't you know that Jesus was gay?

Quoting Anonymous 1: That kind of "love" isn't worth going to hell over.

Quoting AliKatAK47: Lmao! You're talking about them being evil but you use a story book to justify denying people the basic right to love and marry who they want.

What a laugh.

ILovemyPaulie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:17 PM

My sister read this at my Wedding in the Church. I love this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)