• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family issue

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
Me and my children's father are divorced. We have absolutely no hard feelings towards each other, we are really good friends but he just is an awful husband and full time father. So I've gotten remarried we actually live right next door to each other, spend every holiday together, have no custody order because we just work everything out together, my ex and my current husband are best friends and hang out all the time, and we all consider ourselves one big family. My parents, grandparents, and siblings think that our kids are going to have problems because of this and no sense of what family really is. I think that this shows them that family is what you make it. What do you think?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mammacra
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this
If it works for you as long as your kids are loved and cared for what else matters?
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:05 AM
I think it is amazing that you all get along and support each other like that
helen491
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:05 AM
Family is what you make it. Its a good thing you and your ex get along so well. You are showing your children that you love them more than you hate each other. I couldnt live that close to my ex but good for you.
ivegotrhythm
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:06 AM
I think that sounds great!

For now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:08 AM
That's how I feel, they get nothing but love. They don't deal with any bad feelings because of the divorce or lose out on spending holiday time with either of us because we do everything together.

Quoting Mammacra: If it works for you as long as your kids are loved and cared for what else matters?
Theresa1209
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:12 AM
I think children cannot have too much love in their lives. Is she suggesting that moving further away and sending them to him every other weekend and two weeks in the summer would be a better arrangement?
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:13 AM
It's atypical that's for sure. But the more loving adults kids have in their lives the better off they'll be.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:14 AM
I think that's what makes it easier for us to do it this way, we've never hated each other. When I got to the point I couldn't handle things anymore I asked him to go to therapy with me and we did that for a while and it came down to him telling me he knew his limits of what he couldn't change. So we decided to end things before we did hate each other so we could keep our friendship intact.

Quoting helen491: Family is what you make it. Its a good thing you and your ex get along so well. You are showing your children that you love them more than you hate each other. I couldnt live that close to my ex but good for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:17 AM
Yes actually she is. She thinks he shouldn't be in and out of my house, we shouldn't be friends, he definitely shouldn't be friends with my husband. I should only talk to him about the kids and bleed him dry of all the child support I can get. Basically be vindictive.

Quoting Theresa1209: I think children cannot have too much love in their lives. Is she suggesting that moving further away and sending them to him every other weekend and two weeks in the summer would be a better arrangement?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:18 AM
Ours is the same way! Except we live in a apartment complex ex dh is across the hall so our kids float between the two whenever they want lol.

Our kids are mentally and emotionally happy.
They're not bothered.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)