Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son got expelled

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies
1 mom liked this

My son is 16 (turning 17 in a month) and has been suspended 3 times total. He's now gotten expelled from his school and is still refusing to take it seriously. I try to punish him by grounding, taking away allowance and things like that but nothing really changes. He's been arrested once before so I feel like I'm completely losing control of him. I'm completely at a loss.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ayacocca
by Lioness on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:59 AM
I'm sorry that you guys are dealing with this.. Have you considered counseling? What's his dad say about this?
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:00 AM
4 moms liked this
I'd send his ass off to military school.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:01 AM

Quoting Danesmommy1: I'd send his ass off to military school.

This. Worked for us. A total turnaround. 

almburr
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:02 AM
Do you keep giving back his privileges?

Tough love mama. What was he arrested for?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:02 AM

I have considered counselling but he always rejects the idea entirely. He was sent to the school counsellor a few times but it didn't do much. His father isn't around

Quoting ayacocca: I'm sorry that you guys are dealing with this.. Have you considered counseling? What's his dad say about this?

Pooh_ki
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:02 AM

Make him get his GED, get a job and take the check from him. Tell him it's a privlege to stay home and do nothing but have to go to school. If he doesn't take that serioiusly then he can work to pay off everything he gets and finish with school. Construction/landscaping companies will hire him and work him hard. My brother does landscaping for a major company and works his men hard. He doesn't let them slack off and the younger they are the more he expects saying they shouldn't have a problem doing a full days work.

nmkj
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this
That's exactly what I was going to say. My kids aren't going to get expelled and get away with it.

ivegotrhythm
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:03 AM
Is there an Alternative School in your county?
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

This! There is a really nice one in my city.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:06 AM

Yes I do if he does something good so that he understands that good behavior will give him rewards. He got arrested for drug possession

Quoting almburr: Do you keep giving back his privileges? Tough love mama. What was he arrested for?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)