Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ex cut dd's hair!!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:01 AM
  • 68 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

So Tuesday, I messaged my ex asking if he thought it'd be ok to get dd's haircut and what cut/length he'd like to get it done for her. So we decided on a trim and that was all fine and dandy. Sent him a pic when it was done so he could see, whatever no big deal. We're usually pretty good with talking to each other. Dd loved her new haircut.

Forward to the weekend, he sends me a text yesterday saying dd was complaining about her bangs being in her face (we were styling them to the side so it wouldn't be an issue) so he cut them butvshe wouldn't keep her head still so they are kinda short. So i replied 'ok well send me a pic , I'd like to see'. Wasn't going to criticize or start an argument. Just wondering what she would look like when she gets home tonight (He has her every weekend). Well, she has next to no bangs left. I'm so upset, I know it's just hair and it will grow back but she's always had long pretty hair and was born with a full head of it. I've been pretty emotional lately, so I'm really upset for what I know is probably no real reason but I know my family is gonna ask why I would let someone do that to her head but i had no choice in the matter. I literally cried over her dad cutting her bangs and I guess I'm just venting here but what are your opinions? Here's her pic after her actual haircut and the one with the ugly short bangs is his 'haircut' on her. Am I being unreasonable about being upset over it?
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:02 AM
2 moms liked this
Those bangs are awful, lol. They'll grow out though, so it's not the end of the world.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:02 AM

WOW...talk about making a mountain out of a molehill....theyr'e fine, and will grow out in a couple weeks

Trinijewel
by Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:02 AM
I would be upset.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:03 AM

It looks pretty bad, but I wouldn't cry over it.  It will look better in a few weeks.

Pooh_ki
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:05 AM

They're not too short and she's cute. If she doesn't like them then she'll learn to sit still or stop complaining about them next time. In the first picture they look almost even with the rest of her hair so pulling them to the side shouldn't have been a problem but I wasn't there so I don't know :D

sammichmaker
by soup sandwich on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol! Better than me as a kid. I cut my bangs all the way down to my scalp. I wanted my ponytail up like Pebbles from Flintstones, and bangs werent part of that style. So I cut them and my mom flipped her shit. I still think she was just jealous of my awesome fashion/style sense!
mama2b100808
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:06 AM
Oh heck no! Good thing my husband agrees with me about my daughter's hair. We both have long hair. No bangs what so ever.
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:10 AM

get a grip on yourself! it's. just. hair.

but you'll find lots of support here. most of this group is completely hair-obsessed.

.SweetHart.
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Those bangs are pretty bad. I would probably pin them back for a few weeks as they grow.
akemi875
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:11 AM
I know it's not tearworthy and it will grow back but I've been so emotional lately and was having a bad day yesterday and then to see that. I talk to him about everything before I do anything concerning dd, I wish he would give me the same respect, they could have been pinned over so they weren't in her face and I would have got them done properly when she came home. I just wish he could give me the respect as her mother that I give him for being her father. I communicate everything and he has been known to just do stupid shit like this that could have been avoided. Hopefully it grows back quick because I don't like the bangs across her face, that's when they really get on her nerves.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

It looks pretty bad, but I wouldn't cry over it.  It will look better in a few weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)