Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where are these bites coming from???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

Just over 3 weeks ago I thought we may have bed bugs. I was totally freaking out and tore my daughter's room apart and couldn't find anything. She woke up with bites twice in one week. Then my son ended up with 2 on his hand, but we later determined they were mosquito bites (we live in Florida).

We had an exterminator come just in case and he couldn't find anything either. He told us what to look out for and i've kept on checking and still see NO signs of anything. So Friday makes 3 weeks and this morning she was complaining about her leg itching and showed me some more bites on the back of her knee.... this is what they look like.. They look slightly red here because she had been itching them. I looked again 30 minutes later (to compare to the old bites) and the redness is gone and you can barely seem them. I don't exactly know what it is?? Or if it's the same kind of bite.. I can add the other pictures in for reference. I am just very confused!! She is the only one having this issue.

HELP!? What is biting my child???

Bites from 3 weeks ago

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:23 AM
Any chance it's fleas, maybe in a home he visits?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:23 AM
Scabies??
cutebaby06
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:23 AM

The 1st one looks like 3 in a row and thta's how they bite, are there little black specks on the matrtess, etc?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:24 AM

Quoting Anonymous 2: Any chance it's fleas, maybe in a home he visits?

No, she hasn't been to anyone elses house in a while. We've been too busy with other stuff.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:24 AM

Quoting Anonymous 3: Scabies??

Doesn't seem like it. The other ones went away in like 3 days. These ones are already fading.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:25 AM

Quoting cutebaby06:

The 1st one looks like 3 in a row and thta's how they bite, are there little black specks on the matrtess, etc?

Nope, I searched and searched. No casings, specks, blood trails, no evidence at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:33 AM
Fleas?

Did he check outside? Maybe fleas in the ground?
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:34 AM
Looks like ant bites.
Greenenvy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:34 AM
They look like flea bites.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:36 AM

Quoting Anonymous 4: Fleas? Did he check outside? Maybe fleas in the ground?

They played outside at school Friday. She had thin tights on though, so i'd be surprised if it's from that? I guess it could be. Whenever she gets fire ant bites they always have a white head.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)