Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My baby hates me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
Let me start this by saying I'm on my period and really emotional but I swear I'm just upset. My almost 3 month old son does smile at me and he loves me. I know he does but with DH he lights up everytime he lays eyes on him. I'm pretty much a sahm since he was born and I do everything for him, DH helps on the weekends when he is here and in the evenings but I'm pretty much his caregiver all the time. It just upsets the hell out of me bc neither of my other kids were like this. I just needed to whine for a minute. I'm sitting on the porch crying like a dumbass.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamatink7
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:27 AM
It'll pass, I promise and you'll be the only one to calm him down and dry his tears. Sending hugs mommy and definitely cry when you need to, newborns can be very overwhelming
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:29 AM
Thank you

Quoting mamatink7: It'll pass, I promise and you'll be the only one to calm him down and dry his tears. Sending hugs mommy and definitely cry when you need to, newborns can be very overwhelming
funny_girl3
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:30 AM

My son was like that too, and it did bug me.  There's a good explanation for it, your little one doesn't see your husband as much as you, but he loves him just as much so when he does finally see him he gets excited!  Unfortunately you, as the primary caregiver, just sort of fade into the background because he sees you so much.  My son seemed to worship my husband through toddlerhood, then switched to favoring me when he was in preschool.  Don't worry, your time is coming!

And I totally understand the crying because you got your period.  I cried when I got mine 7 weeks postpartum, even though I was exclusively breastfeeding.  It sucks and you're hormonal.  I got no sympathy with mine because my best friend had just has a hysterectomy and didn't want to hear about my struggle : (

Melissa_4
by Navy Mom on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Dad is a new face after seeing yours all day long, and it's especially intriguing to a baby especially if dad has facial hair or glasses.

Gmgej
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:31 AM

Oh momma I am sorry, all the hormones make a woman fall apart. Hang tough, the teen years are comming and you can return the hate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:31 AM

Babies know who they feel the most comfortable with. Maybe he is not feeling an attatchment to you? That happened with my son. He is almost 8 and isnt a big fan of me. He never really has been. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:32 AM
It's because you're always there. Don't take it personally:-)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:33 AM
My 1yo has been a daddy's boy from day 1. Never bothered me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:34 AM
I have a 17 month old and I stay at home with him. Everytime daddy leaves he cries and when he comes hone he run right to him. I can come and go and he doesn't seem to care. The other day he was cuddling on the couch with me and dh came up and put his hand on my leg. Ds pushed his hand off. Dh did it again. Ds pushed his hand off again. He was telling daddy, this is my mommy! You no touch!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:35 AM
I get that. Today is my first day at a new job and I'll be working Friday's and Sunday's that's hard in amc of itself so I'm just emotional and on my period and I just lost it and cried. My other two kids were all about mommy and he's all about dad. It's not that I resent it but I wish he would be excited to see me sometimes too.

Quoting funny_girl3:

My son was like that too, and it did bug me.  There's a good explanation for it, your little one doesn't see your husband as much as you, but he loves him just as much so when he does finally see him he gets excited!  Unfortunately you, as the primary caregiver, just sort of fade into the background because he sees you so much.  My son seemed to worship my husband through toddlerhood, then switched to favoring me when he was in preschool.  Don't worry, your time is coming!

And I totally understand the crying because you got your period.  I cried when I got mine 7 weeks postpartum, even though I was exclusively breastfeeding.  It sucks and you're hormonal.  I got no sympathy with mine because my best friend had just has a hysterectomy and didn't want to hear about my struggle : (

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)