• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Using sickness for financial gain

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
My dad has been re-diagnosed with Cancer after being free of 'it' for 3 month. My best friend, using term lightly has offered zero support throughout. My cousin has one upped her. 'Trumpy' is very well educated, is a nurse practioner and practices holistic well being. Well effin bitch upon being told my her godfathers recent diagnosis has been trying to sell me a water purifier!! I get daily articles, emails etc about buying a system. Ironically she gets commission. I want to flip out on her and my former bestie. 2 people i was hoping for support from. Do i confront these 2 or let it go? Shes also sending my dad this propaganda too.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:48 AM
Bump.
Amy_M
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:51 AM

I'm a little lost...so your best friend isn't supportive, what do you want her to do?  And your other firend is trying to sell you a water system?  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:52 AM
What in the hell does a water purifier have to do with cancer? Is it supposed to cure it or something? If so my water purifier is a fake them assholes!

Extremely sorry to hear. I hope he kicks cancer right in the nuts and it stays away for good
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:53 AM

I can't stand these vultures. I am sorry your dad is going through this. What kind of cancer?

My husband went through stage 3 colorectal cancer. You really find out who your true friends and family are.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:54 AM

They are acting like vultures by trying to make money off a man with cancer. They are trying to sell him false hope.

Quoting Amy_M:

I'm a little lost...so your best friend isn't supportive, what do you want her to do?  And your other firend is trying to sell you a water system?  

ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:55 AM

i'd just tell her we aren't interested and to knock it off. a water purifier isn't going to take the cancer away if that is what she is trying to use to sell it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:55 AM
Its supposed to make his body more alkaline and oxygen rich to which apparently cancer doesnt like. Its a 4k unit!

Quoting Anonymous 2: What in the hell does a water purifier have to do with cancer? Is it supposed to cure it or something? If so my water purifier is a fake them assholes!

Extremely sorry to hear. I hope he kicks cancer right in the nuts and it stays away for good
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:56 AM
Family is supposed to be supportive not there yo gain commision.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

They are acting like vultures by trying to make money off a man with cancer. They are trying to sell him false hope.

Quoting Amy_M:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:58 AM
My best friend hasnt been at all supportive. Ive supported her through her dads illness/death and her 2 brothers suicide. My cousin is trying to sell us shit, not supportive in the least. Its sad.

Quoting Amy_M:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:59 AM

Block the address for the messages and don't bring up the topic of your Dad's cancer with them again. Change the subject if they do. Invite better, more supportive people into your life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)