Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My fish is pretty f***ing awesome!!!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:19 PM
  • 23 Replies

Mobile Photo

I originally got him for my son. I really didn't want him because we've had goldfish and they're disgusting.

I love this fish though! Our cat drinks out of his bowl and he bites the cat's tongue. He doesn't play, lol!

Have you ever had a beta? Did you like it?
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gabeys_Mommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:21 PM
We have 2 in addition to our 10 gal tank. They're ok.. lol. Our cat drinks out of the bowl, too.
IHaveFrogLegs
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:21 PM
Ihave.They are the only fish I ever had luck with. They are great.I have one now
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:22 PM

now i want to get a betta! it's been years since i've had one. my last one lived almost 5 years, which i heard was pretty remarkable.

your fish have a name? does he hang out in the little house?

AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:24 PM
Betas are awesome
MysticLove
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:25 PM

We used to have Beta fish. Those suckers are MEAN! They kill any other fish in their tank that they think is prettier than them.

allebas1
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:26 PM
Yep! We had a betta a while back. My son named him Charles after my dad! ROFL! ROFL! We had him almost 3 years. I have a friend who took in a friends betta. It was 7-years-old when my friend took it. It lived another 7 years! I've never heard of bettas living for 14 years. Pretty crazy.
msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:26 PM
Our Beta was a weirdo. He used to be vertical in his tank, like he was trying to walk so we called him Walker. And he would NEVER move, not for food or anything... Everyone thought he was dead. Then one day after like 6 months he started swimming around and eating. Was still a weirdo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:27 PM
I got four females a Sorority I think it's called!

The dominate happens to be the tiny one LOL she's all blue I love her to death! We also keep a couple other fish in there with them
TruthSayar
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:27 PM
My son named him Lil Alex. The house is actually a cookie monster head snack container. The wax warmer is always there because he needs the warmth. So he goes in his house when he needs to rest away from the light.

We did have an Elmo head in there, but the red seemed to bother him.

Quoting mojogirl:

now i want to get a betta! it's been years since i've had one. my last one lived almost 5 years, which i heard was pretty remarkable.

your fish have a name? does he hang out in the little house?

craazycuckoo
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:30 PM

Yep, we've had a few.  I hate that they are kept in such small homes though.

I had mine in a 20 gallon, the colours that were displayed after his 'move' were amazing. I also had an LED lighting strip above the tank...those are amazing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)