Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bm tried to commit suicide last night updated

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 372 Replies
13 yr old sd found her her in time and called an ambulance. She left a note for the kids saying it's all my fault she wants to die because I "stole her family" and how if I weren't here, the love of her life would come back to her.

Bm is going to be going into a psychiatric hospital when she is released so the sks are coming to live with us full time until she is stable but they are furious with me and blaming me for their Mom's problems.

I don't know what to do. Dh is with the kids and bm's Mom right now at the hospital but will be coming back with them soon. I don't know how to even handle this. I feel awful for the kids but I also feel like this is just another way for Bm to sabotage my relationship with my sks and make sure they will always hate and resent me.

I am 4 months pregnant and high risk due to health problems. This is a LOT of stress.

Updating: today was...interesting. Bm is on psych hold for 72 hrs and her Mom is trying to convince her to go in patient for a bit after. Her Mom is convinced she is bipolar or something. I don't know. That's her business but it wouldn't surprise me.

Dh found a counselor who can get the kids in on Fri morning. He is going to discuss family counseling as well. He has an appointment with a lawyer to discuss custody tomorrow

The kids have been pretty hostile today. They are mad they can't visit their Mom and they are currently blaming dh for that (not me on this one). They think he should MAKE the drs let them see her. Sd13 has been very vocal about being angry that dh refused to see bm at the hospital last night. She actually started crying and said that all her Mom wants is him and if he would just love her again and be her husband her Mom would be fine. She is clinging to a fairy tale. It's clearly very hard for her to accept that her Mom is sick and that there isn't anyone to blame. Sd16 is more stoic. She seems to be angry at Bm, dh, AND me. Hopefully, therapy can help them.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:32 PM
I'm sorry 😞
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:32 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:34 PM
I'm trying not to be selfish because I know these kids are going through a LOT.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm sorry 😞
Bri060492
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:34 PM
2 moms liked this
Find a therapist for the step kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:35 PM
12 moms liked this

The kids would be in counseling ASAP.  Your husband needs to get a attorney and file for full custody with supervise visitation until the courts are sure the BM is stable.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:35 PM
15 moms liked this

Therapy for the kids ASAP. Plus your DH needs to talk to them and straighten out their misconception on where he would rather be...with you or her. BM can say anything she wants as far as what she assumes her life would be like if you weren't in the picture, but it's up to their Dad to tell them the truth about why their marriage dissolved and why there wouldn't be a reconciliation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:37 PM
6 moms liked this
Well, did you steal her family? Were you "the other woman?"
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:37 PM
Oh I agree. Therapy will be huge.

Quoting Bri060492: Find a therapist for the step kids.
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:37 PM
I'd get the kids into counseling. They need to understand that when someone attempts t commit suicide it is not the fault of anyone else regardless of circumstances. That would be best coming from a counselor.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:38 PM
We haven't talked about that yet...but that is a good idea. Thank you.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

The kids would be in counseling ASAP.  Your husband needs to get a attorney and file for full custody with supervise visitation until the courts are sure the BM is stable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)