Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what is your opinion on this situation? *ETA*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies
14 year old boy is receiving lewd pictures from an older girl (17) on his phone. He tells her to stop and blocks her number. Girl starts making verbal comments to him about how sexy he is, how she'd like to get her hands on him, how she'd like to blow him, and starts touching him as well, grabbing his butt, rubbing against him. Boy tells a teacher about the situation. Teacher says he is making a big deal about something small, he should feel flattered, and says that's normal when a boy is like him, and pats him on the butt.

The day he told the teacher and nothing happened, boy goes home and tells mom what is going on. Mom contacts the superintendent and goes to the school that day to file a complaint. The girl's mother says the same thing teacher did, that since the boy is a boy it's not a big deal, he should be happy he's getting the attention and that he needs to stop causing a fuss. The female student ends up being expelled and the teacher is released from her position for not taking the sexual harassment seriously.

What do you think about this situation? After a few replies, I'll explain who I am in this situation.

*ETA*
Honestly, I'm surprised (pleasantly) by the responses! In this case, I am the boy's mother. I had no idea what was going on before the day he told the teacher, because he didn't say anything. He wanted to handle it himself because he didn't think it was something he should bother us with, that as a boy he should deal with it alone. I'm still not sure where he got that idea from, because I've always raised my children equally and my girls absolutely know that they don't have to tolerate that.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aquarius_RN
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:35 PM
I think that was handled appropriately. The boy was sexually harassed and the teacher was borderline sexually harassing him as well with her inappropriate comments.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:35 PM

I think the 17 year old should have kept her hands to herself and her and the teacher got what they deserved. 

KYLIEAARONMOMMY
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I think the right thing was done in the end. Sexual harassment is sexual harassment no matter if you are male or female. Both sexes should be treated with the same respect. It should not be ignored just because he's a boy.
Merry-Jane
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:36 PM

I think the best thing happened in the end.

Merry-Jane
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:37 PM

No one cares who you are either, it doesn't matter.
Girl was sexually harassing and teacher didn't take it seriously. Both were and should have been reprimanded. 

PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:37 PM

The thing is, does the parent of the boy know for a fact that he's blocked her and tried numerous times to ward off her rude advances?

The teacher along with the superintendent both under reacted to this and tried to pass it off as not a big deal when in fact, it is sexual harassment.

How did it get to the point where the girl was expelled and the teacher was terminated? There's a big chunk of the story being left out there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:37 PM
That the mom should have gone to the principal and police when it first started with lewd pictures.
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:38 PM
It was handled well in the end. Too bad it wasn't handled from the start.
KIbrah2230
by Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:38 PM

Wow firstly! I am very disappointed in the teacher and I can't believe this Scheisse is actually happening in real life. I'm glad that teacher is not there anymore and I hope this is on her record. People need to know that if there kids are under someone's care they are gonna take ALL situations seriously. That girl is almost an adult and he is a child. No is no in any given situation and just because it's a female going after a guy,it doesn't change things.

Hanab818
by ThePonds on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:38 PM
I think the boy and his mom handled it correctly. I believe the girls mom and teacher were way out of line and they each got what they deserved. If it were my kid they would be lucky I didn't go to the cops right after.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)