Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She is trying to take the house........and I don't even have it!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
My dad and I had a serious conversation a while back. He sat me down and talked to me about what to do when he passes and said he had some big news for me. He told me he is giving me his house. Now, it isn't the house I grew up in, but it is the house he has had since I was born ( I was raised by my Aunt and Nanny ). I have many good memories of being in that house. Even though I am thrilled I will actually own a house ( it's paid off ) I know I won't get it for MANY more years to come ( I know it's stupid but I still see my dad living until he's like...200. I just can't imagine him gone ).

Apparently he has told my biomom he is giving me the house. Now she is pissed that I'm getting it and she isn't. She has her own house that is almost paid off. She is now trying to do everything she can to get him to change his mind and give it to her. She is telling him that I won't keep it up, how trashy I will keep it, I won't keep up the insurance, or taxes on it, just every thing she can say and do to try to get him to give it to her.

It isn't working. So now she is trying to sucker me into signing it over to her! Telling me how hard it is to have a house, how expensive it is. She has even thrown up how no one gives her anything and has thrown tantrums a 2 year old would be proud of.

She is getting even more pissed because nothing is working. He is giving me the house, and she is beyond furious. It is to the point that I am getting pissed off not only because of the way she is acting, but my dad isn't even gone yet, and she is acting like this!

Have any of you ever had something like this happen? How do you deal with it? I know when the time comes ( even though it is many, many decades away ) she is going to create a scene and cause all kinds of issues.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
two4one
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:10 PM
2 moms liked this

Are they married? Tell him to make sure he has it legally written somewhere that you get it.

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:14 PM
This. If they aren't married, I'm not sure why she would expect anything but he needs a will anyway.

Quoting two4one:

Are they married? Tell him to make sure he has it legally written somewhere that you get it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:14 PM
Not married. They have been divorced since I was 5 or 6.

He is signing it over to me and my daughter before he passes. I think that is what is pissing her off most....the fact I will OWN a house before she does. She is the type that has to be in control of everything.

Quoting two4one:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:14 PM
Why was she even told? Are they legally married still?
Dannygirl25
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:16 PM
Yikes
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:16 PM
He does. He already has everything written out for who gets what. He is getting the house in mine and my daughters name even before he passes so there is no argument or fight, even though I know it will be.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: This. If they aren't married, I'm not sure why she would expect anything but he needs a will anyway.

Quoting two4one:

MikeysMom22
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:17 PM

Make sure it is in a Will because you will have a hard time later if you don't. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:17 PM
If your parents are divorced or not together, what makes her feel that she's entitled to his house? His children are the ones that should get his belongings not his ex. She has no right and needs to back off. I would tell her to drop it or you will drop her. I would just stay away from your mom until she can let it go.
Pukalani79
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:18 PM
Good grief.
WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:18 PM
I would stop answering her calls or knocks at the door. He's smart to sign it over before he dies, so no one can contest it. Also, you won't have to pay a bunch of probate taxes on it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)