Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I seriously need time away from them

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
It has been 3 years since I've had a vacation and I am just exhausted, mentally and physically. Within this time, I have been running my own business, and making sure that things at home are in order. The business is overwhelming me but the biggest issue I have is the lack of appreciation I get at home for what I do. I have been a superwoman. Adjusting my schedule so that I can make my daughters sporting events, band concerts, etc., listening to my husband rant and rave about his issues at work. I cook all the time making sure that they have something to eat all week. I joined a moms group out of guilt because I felt that I needed to feel more like an involved mother. This has taken it's toll on me. I am losing hair, seldom feel like doing anything for me. It's always about them and their needs.

My husband could care less how important it is to me to have my daughter be responsible. She's getting older and she is so messy. The family room has her socks thrown everywhere. Empty cups everywhere, her bathroom is a mess, open drawers, clothes all over her room .....

I am so unhappy. He ignores me when I tell him what she should be doing daily. He sides with her. They are fine, I'm the one feeling like an outside in my own home. I do realize that something has to change but I don't know what. The pressure to have this business is heavy. I make more money than he does, so I feel guilty when I think of just letting it go. Not to mention the fact that everything would disappear if I'm not working and making the same income.

Do you feel overwhelmed sometimes? What do you do?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:20 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:27 PM
I apologize for this post being so long and all over the place. I can't call anyone and talk about this stuff. People look at what you have and think your life is so perfect. They tell you stuff like, "well at least he's not cheating on you". To me I feel like that's a way of dismissing my feelings.
Nicholy10
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:32 PM

I am sorry you are unhappy. I've been there. Hugs. I'm here if you want to talk. 

¯`•.•´¯) (¯`•.•´¯)
*`•.¸(¯`•.•´¯)¸.•´ ♥
☆ º ♥ `•.¸.•´ ♥ º ☆.¸¸.•´¯`♥
Join Us At Mental Illness Support & Awareness
*******for information, friendship & support********
**********See you there********!
‎(¯`•.•´¯) (¯`•.•´¯)
☆.¸¸.•´¯`♥ *`•.¸(¯`•.•´¯)¸.•´ ♥
☆ º ♥ `•.¸.•´ ♥ º ☆.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/119824

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:35 PM
Thank you.

Quoting Nicholy10:

I am sorry you are unhappy. I've been there. Hugs. I'm here if you want to talk. 

¯`•.•´¯) (¯`•.•´¯)*`•.¸(¯`•.•´¯)¸.•´ ♥☆ º ♥ `•.¸.•´ ♥ º ☆.¸¸.•´¯`♥Join Us At Mental Illness Support & Awareness*******for information, friendship & support******************See you there********!‎(¯`•.•´¯) (¯`•.•´¯)☆.¸¸.•´¯`♥ *`•.¸(¯`•.•´¯)¸.•´ ♥☆ º ♥ `•.¸.•´ ♥ º ☆.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/119824

notuseless
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:36 PM
Step back and leave for a few days, get a hotel room and say you need to get prepared at your own business. He can see how gross the house gets with out you.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:38 PM

I'd put my foot down and tell them both that they need to get off their ass and start doing their share. Then I'd stop doing everything for them. Take a weekend trip alone. Let them survive without you for a couple days.

Winterbaby33
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:39 PM
I feel your pain. It's hard. Hugs

I have 2 homeschooling kids. I have 2 toddlers home all day while I'm homeschooling. I have another child in middle school.

We have pets. A home to try and keep in order.

Hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs

Hope you get a break
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:39 PM
Holy shit. I could have written this post almost to a word. Hugs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:42 PM

I would stop going to the mom's group. I have no idea why you would not feel like your involved in your family and how would a mom's group help you feel more involved with family anyway? I would drop it, you have no time for it. You should enjoy your daughter's sporting events and she does not have to be appreciative that you show up. I think the mounting stress of your business is causing you to feel less happiness because you don't enjoy things that would probably make you really happy. Do you have enough funds to pay your self less and hire more employees? I would also hire a housekeeper 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:43 PM
What's crazy is that I have every opportunity in the world to spend a few days away. I have to take continued educations courses that are required for my field. They are all over the place. Hawaii, New York, Minnesota. Chicago, but I always decline those classes that are out of state. Maybe that is the problem. I'm just afraid to leave my business for that time too.

Quoting notuseless: Step back and leave for a few days, get a hotel room and say you need to get prepared at your own business. He can see how gross the house gets with out you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)