Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you guess that someone was trying to insult you if

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
They guessed your weight to be much higher than you are?
I don't think this woman likes me, but don't know why. I can't tell if she's really dense, or passive aggressively attacking me.
For example, we somehow got on the topic of teen moms. She just looks at me with a smile and says "You seemed to have done really well with it." Nothing against teen moms, but I wasn't a teen mother.
We were talking about a new clothing store, and how they didn't have a good size selection. She asked me if I would want some clothes her sister was selling. She said we look about the same size. You're about a size 10 right. Around 145?
Before anyone gets snippy, I KNOW that's not fat. But, I am 108lbs, and a size 2. I've also know her sister. We aren't remotely the same size.
She always acts really friendly, but says something like this almost every time we have break in the same room.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
theResidentCat
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:23 PM

Well its something I wouldnt say for sure. I would ask someone if they wanted to share their weight if discussing weight but um no I wouldnt be like oh you look about 145 lbs blah blah... Thats really just putting you on the unfriendly list.

Disneyismylife
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:24 PM
I'm about 105lbs. I would have laughed, rubbed my size n weight in her face and than punched her in the mouth. But I'm just a nasty bitch like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:27 PM
3 moms liked this

I'd just smile as sweet as can be and correct her like you don't care. "Oh no, I wasn't a teen mom, I was actually married and had my planned children at 25"......or whatever. "Aw, that's so sweet of you to ask but I wear a size 2, I'm only 108 pounds." 

She's jealous and trying to be passive aggressive, make her feel like shit lol. Really give it to her, she deserves it.

Connie04
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:28 PM
She seems to be giving you little jabs, for some reason. Is she jealous or just mean?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:31 PM
I'm guessing the women does this to all people and that she doesn't like herself.
If anything she should be embarrassed to be so far off with your size and circumstances lol
Maybe it was her way of asking these questions?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:32 PM
I've gotten those passive aggressive comments from insecure girls who were all bigger than I was. I knew they didn't like me and I certainly didn't like them but I wasn't an ass about it. I've heard things like you have to be anorexic, when was the last time you ate?, do you starve yourself when you're pregnant too? And the doozy was being told even though you're skinny you have big bones and everyone can tell o.O. I worked with my dh's ex and she was always making snide comments. We had a baby around the same time and she held on to some of the weight while I didn't. She wasn't fat at all but a bit chubby and just a bigger build but it wasn't bad and she was actually cute. I had no problem with her until she started being an ass. When I got pregnant with my second she said she had lost weight (she didn't) and said she'd give me her hand me downs after the baby. She was a size 12 ish and I was a size 5 ish. I wore my own clothes throughout the pregnancy and didn't put on much weight at all (12 lbs) so it was absurd of her to offer me her hand me downs. Then she got pregnant with her second and gained a lot of weight.

Quoting Anonymous 1: They guessed your weight to be much higher than you are?
I don't think this woman likes me, but don't know why. I can't tell if she's really dense, or passive aggressively attacking me.
For example, we somehow got on the topic of teen moms. She just looks at me with a smile and says "You seemed to have done really well with it." Nothing against teen moms, but I wasn't a teen mother.
We were talking about a new clothing store, and how they didn't have a good size selection. She asked me if I would want some clothes her sister was selling. She said we look about the same size. You're about a size 10 right. Around 145?
Before anyone gets snippy, I KNOW that's not fat. But, I am 108lbs, and a size 2. I've also know her sister. We aren't remotely the same size.
She always acts really friendly, but says something like this almost every time we have break in the same room.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:37 PM

I think I'd say OMG I'm only a size 2 so I know you don't actually think that,   why are trying to be hurtful?     Have I done something that's upset you?

Bieg9093
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:40 PM

Call her out.  Tell her that saying rude things is an ugly and unprofessional behavior and that everyone who hears her wishes she would just stop already.

Don't text and drive. 

That doesn't mean you can look at your phone at red lights or stop signs or if you think you can do it quickly or if traffic's slow.  Just don't.  You're an adult.  Exercise some impulse control.  Quit driving like a 4 year old. 

Tinse
by Crazy Bird Lady on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:44 PM

She's being a bitch and overstepping it with you, IMO.

I know a woman like that myself.  I'm very thin, and she never, ever ceases to bring up the fact when she sees me, especially if there are one or two other people around and she has an audience.

Some people delight in this sort of behaviour.

Look at the person who is behaving this way towards you, though.  Is she an amost ideal specimen of a human being?  I think not.

My 'antagonist' is a loose-bodied, flabby overweight crone, with an equally flaccid brain that isn't fully functioning.  She has enormous buck teeth.  I often have to resist the urge to run into the house when she's outside to go to our vegetable crisper to get her a carrot!

I let her ramble on about "I've never seen skinnier legs than you have.  Are you poor?"

She is that stupid that even trying to retaliate would be a joke.  She makes herself look foolish all by herself in front of Mr. Tinse and our friends.  I won't waste any energy on her.

I completely disregard ol' Bucky while she blathers.  I let her go on, making herself appear to be more and more foolish.  The most I'll give her is an occasional non-commital glance.

She isn't worth the time of day, nor is she worth any of my consideration.

She'd be BOD.  (Better Off Dead)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:51 PM

I'd think she's a passive aggressive bitch and avoid her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)