Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you're not married, it's not cheating...

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:28 PM
  • 19 Replies
We had dinner with extended family last night. Around 20 people. The average age was 65. All of them echoed that statement.

DHs one aunt said that is the reason you don't get married young, so you can try out other people. And engamement is a trail for marriage, not a commitment.

DH and I were laughing so hard. They had tons of before we were married cheating stories. Lol
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:32 PM

That's actually kind-of disturbing, I'd have a hard time not feeling super superior to them as they were sharing those stories. 

TinkTink205
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't agree but I have heard this from dfs family because we don't want to get married. I also love it when we are told we are living in sin and God will not bless our family.
jjames1990
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:33 PM
I'm trying to figure out if its an age thing. Maybe cheating was more acceptable at one time

Quoting Anonymous 1:

That's actually kind-of disturbing, I'd have a hard time not feeling super superior to them as they were sharing those stories. 

jjames1990
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:34 PM
That's a very outdated opinion.

Quoting TinkTink205: I don't agree but I have heard this from dfs family because we don't want to get married. I also love it when we are told we are living in sin and God will not bless our family.
Tinse
by Crazy Bird Lady on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:35 PM

Oh, FFS.  Mr. Tinse and I aren't married.  We never married anyone in our lives, and we will only marry if it's financially beneficial to us once I turn 65 years old.

I guess I'm about the least romantic person you'll ever meet.  I really am.

UnoDuoTres
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:37 PM

It's cheating whenever you tell your partner that you are being exclusive with them, or lead them to make the conclusion you are, and then go fuck someone else.

It's not cheating where you talk about the relationship and agree the dynamics up front and stay to the agreement.

It's all about expectation and trust.

or to put it another way - "Sex outside a relationship rarely harms the relationship. Lying about it kills it every time"

TinkTink205
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:37 PM
We have our reasons not to get married. We simply!y don't believe in it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:37 PM
I will NEVER get married again. Why? Because divorce paper work is hard, expensive and fucked up my taxes.

Quoting Tinse:

Oh, FFS.  Mr. Tinse and I aren't married.  We never married anyone in our lives, and we will only marry if it's financially beneficial to us once I turn 65 years old.

jjames1990
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:40 PM
I'm not romantic, I'm married, but DH and I don't live together. I don't need the financial security, I just like being married.

Quoting Tinse:

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:40 PM

Yikes. I feel if are with someone, engaged, married or dating, you dont stray from that person unless it is discussed before hand.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)