• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you live by nosey neighbors?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
Or do they mind their own business ?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:31 PM
They mind their own business. I've never actually met any of them
TheFairest
by Mother of Dragons on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:31 PM
My next door neighbor is pretty nosey. It's actually comical though.
jjames1990
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:32 PM
My neighbors aren't nosey, they are very helpful and we watch out for each other.
TinkTink205
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:35 PM
I used to. Every time I came home she would be staring out the back door at me. She watched all of my coming and going. One time I blasted ccr "ooh ooh ooh looking out my back door" the look on her face was priceless. My neighbor now is a single woman. I never see her much but we mow for her. Either df or ds will mow her yard and she pays them.
redneckmama4
by Loree on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:42 PM
We live on a private road on 20+ acre pieces pf property, so while we see our neighbors go by, that's pretty much the extent of it. Plus, there are a million trees lol.

I hated livin' in town!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:45 PM
The family on one side is not. They're normal and non annoying people. The bored old lady on the other side is very nosy. The lady across the street is a huge gossip and drama queen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:49 PM
Not anymore thank god. I dont even know my neighbors it freaking awesome. I had a nightmare of a neighbor for 7 years. She owned the home we were renting she felt that gave her the right to come over when ever she felt like it. She bought the place next to her home and rented it to us my dh and 4 kids. Her father is married to my aunt so we grew up together. When they moved back in state she just arrived at the door and expected me to let her in and show her Dad and my Aunt the house I told her No and she was pissed. Other times i would find her in my backyard trying to look threw the windows. Convinced I was doing something wrong because I forced the law be followed when it comes to her availability to the rental meanin 24 hours notice. I am certain that she called DHS on us once. She left her kid sleeping in the her house while she stalked mine. Eventually she got board, and turned her attention to cheating on her dh. They divorced and we continued to rent the home for 7 years from him. She is a nutbar.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:49 PM
We all mind our own business.
Curlymom234
by Flamingo lady on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:52 PM
We moved into this house not even 2 weeks ago and haven't met a soul. The town homes we moved from had vary nosy neighbors.
Tinse
by Crazy Bird Lady on Jan. 31, 2016 at 3:04 PM

Neighbours to the left of us are great.  They are a brother and sister sharing expenses in their house, they are in their mid to late 20s.

Before they moved in, the neighbour who owned the house was a single guy, maybe gay, NTTAWWT (not that there's anything wrong with that) who worked from home, some IT related job, and was athletic and golfed.  He was really nice.

The house on our right, though, is a rental.  What a nosebucket we had as a neighbour when we moved in!  Nosy!  He had his beak in everyone's business and he was a terrible gossip.  And it's said that women are gossips - ever heard a man gossip?  They are far worse than we are, trust me.

He moved, and a family consisting of a woman, male and their eight year old son moved in.  The guy works swing shifts for UPS.  She used to work at a bakery, but seems not to work anymore.  Anyway, she is the nosiest thing on two legs.  When she's alone with her son, all she does is scream at him in the most high-pitched voice you've ever heard, it's amazing that our windows haven't shattered.  The kid screams back, too, in an almost identical voice.  It's horrible.

She's peering out her windows all the time, and when we have male friends over, she sashays out wearing a low-cut top and simply has to pick up their dog's bombs from the back yard, bombs that she's ignored all week long...bending over hoping that she'll be noticed.  There's a word for her type in french - salope. *  Not a nice word, but that's her, all right.

We are going to put up a trellis on our back balcony this spring and add some artificial vines to it until we can get genuine ivy to climb on it so that the salope can't spy on what Mr. Tinse is doing.

The salope ran over to a neighbour across the street from where she rents and complained that Mr. Tinse was becoming a hoarder, too.  That neighbour and Mr. Tinse talk all the time, and of course, that neighbour repeats everything that the salope tells him.

Salope told the neighbour that Mr. Tinse tried to take out her mangy cat using a pellet gun, too.

* I can't post links on this site for some reason.  The definition of "salope" is on Urban Dictionary.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)